Page 995 of 995 FirstFirst ... 495895945985993994995
Results 9,941 to 9,949 of 9949

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I partially use linux but majority of the time Windows is required in terms to check the output for web application to run the Javascript file.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Me I love it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I started using linux in 2005 I think. I remember upgrading to Debian sarge and I was recommended to try Ubuntu so I did but for a long time I was a Debian user until someday I gpt tired of Debian and started to use Ubuntu because of the LST releases .

I did not use windows all that time but recently (last month) I got a couple of old laptops which has windows installed and I just use them as they are until I find time to install a BSD system on one of them and a Linux on the other one.

the first linux installation I did was from a book that included a CD with corel linux on it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corel_Linux so its a old distribution but I cant remember exactly the year I switched to using only linux. there is nothing I I Need I cant do on a linux system and I never played computer games so there is really no need for me to use windows at all.

I will use windows if its the only thing I can get access to but I have a hard time figuring out how to use it after all these years of using linux.

Beans

I think Windows still the most popular system.

Beans

I did. Been working on Microsoft Beta software for two years. But, it ruined my hard drive. So I changed linux, which is much easier to work. And I no intention of running Windows again. It is not as nice as Ubuntu.

Beans

I use Ubuntu 99.9 percent of the time. I run one software in Wine. There are several games like my jigsaw puzzle software and my majong software that I run in Windows 7 in Virtual Box.

I'm not a "gamer".

One is not required to never use Windows software again; one can run it in Wine or in Windows in Virtual Box.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by lorenkjr View Post
    I did. Been working on Microsoft Beta software for two years. But, it ruined my hard drive. So I changed linux, which is much easier to work. And I no intention of running Windows again. It is not as nice as Ubuntu.
    Although I generally agree with the sentiment, some information should be corrected: OSes do NOT ruin hard drives, not even Windows. Standing for what you like is great but please only with truthful statements, not by spreading FUD.

Beans

I'm still bound to running a Windows VM for office. The web app are good, but not perfect. Also, the laptop drivers for the XPS I'm running are good, but not superb - some screen tearing, etc.

I think Linux is almost there. I'm waiting on MS to port some functionality over and for this machine to become old enough that the driver bugs are fixed.

Beans

I am making the leap for the second time as I write this. Used Ubuntu back in 2005-6 on an older laptop when I worked abroad.
    Now I have just build a new computer and am sick of bloatware that bogs windows down.
    Only 2 apps hold me back to windows. Autocad and Premier pro.
    Planning on running them on a virtual machine inside Ubuntu.
    Still ironing our plenty of niggly problems. (WIFI dongle not recognised, Virtualisation not allowing 64bit OS, have to find an elegant replacement for Macrium reflect for system backups, etc....
    I know its off topic but if anyone has a tip on any of these issues, pls DM me. Id be super happy.

Page 995 of 995 FirstFirst ... 495895945985993994995