Page 992 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 492892942982990991992993994 ... LastLast
Results 9,911 to 9,920 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I hate windows 10. Don't have it anymore. Only Linux for me. It's much more efficient. I'm not a gamer though. I do have a little cheap Chromebook for travel, no big loss if something happens to it. Just bought a cheap old used laptop on Ebay to load a few Linux systems on.

Beans

Sup, just wanted to report about latest news. Our older relatives are now ubuntu users as well. It happened after massive viruses attack on their windows home pc. Probably clicked some shoot, idk. I was too tired to clean it from viruses... again... and did not want to download and install any copy of windows as well. Luckily, my wife had already 4+ years of experience using ubuntu because we don't have any windows at home (yes, she misses her photoshop, but not too much). So she said that "ubuntu just does its job" and they agreed. As they only use youtube, look into news & weather, watch some movies and use some messenger, it was not a problem. Now it's almost month and no questions asked. So... guys it is really possible!

Beans

Three weeks ago I finally had had enough of Windows 10. The poorly implemented notifications pushed me over the edge.

Installed 18.04 LTS on my work machine and recently upgraded to 18.10 beta (what can I say I like to live dangerously ).

No regrets so far. Just an interesting daily adventure with the command line!

Beans

I completely use Ubuntu for one month. I am not a gamer or video editor, so I thought it would be good for me. At first I dual booted but then I thought, I have to leave my comfort zone And guess what, I found Linux more interesting and trying to learn so many new things. At first, it was hard to adjust in a new environment and I have to google for every single thing I wanted to do. But now, it seems fun, no kidding. My opinion if you're a gamer, you should stick to windows. But for a new experience, try Linux. You may find this more interesting spending life without a mouse.

Beans

I started to use Linux in 1997 or so. It was a real pain back then, but already better that Windows. I never liked Windows and stayed with DOS and OS/2 as long as I could (too sad that OS/2 didn't made it). In 2004 I dropped Windows completely.
    Once in a while I have to use Windows (in a VM) as my clients do. But for myself Windows doesn't exist anymore

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I tried Linux many years ago and experimented with it for over a year. I recently had a belly-full of Windows and got rid of it completely. Windows is a nightmare compared to Ubuntu, so I am Microsoft free. I first thought about a dual-boot, but that would have given me a chance to have more Windows nightmares. I have an older computer that just loves Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I've been using Ubuntu for several years now. Years ago, my dad put 12.04 on an old laptop and gave it to me, and I just went from there. Lately, I've been working with the 16.04 release and really like it, especially having practically grown up with it. I still learn new things as I have to deal with new problems and make administrative decisions, and I'd definitely recommend Linux in general to anyone, provided that they are up for the learning curve.
    He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes, but he who never asks is a fool forever.

Beans
    Hidden!

Xubuntu was the first distro that made it possible for me to switch entirely away from other operating systems. I'd spent a long time trying.

At this point I remix all kinds of distros. I do not manually remaster, I always tweak scripts to automate remastering-- the ISO goes in and another comes out minutes later. To me all the distros are almost like one distro. In many ways though, I have always relied most on Debian/Ubuntu-based distros.

Occasionally (not every year) I tinker with other operating systems. BSD is very solid though I understand why GNU/Linux is popular-- for similar reasons as the ones I choose it for. I use it exclusively, or close enough.

Beans

I have but for WordPerfect. There just is no substitute. Therefore, some sort of virtualization is required to house a windows environment.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

As Linux matures we shouldn't look back and think this OS is an underdog. In reality always all of the supercomputers run Linux and the android success makes that almost all phones run Linux. Actually the only reason Windows still exists is the fact that it is the OS of choice on new laptops and PC's, and that is simply because it's one version and it's maintained. There are some reasons to use it: like the office offer with one TB storage included for a very reasonable price. Personally my activities are mostly Linux but I don't exclude Windows. Linux is stronger than that.

Page 992 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 492892942982990991992993994 ... LastLast