Page 924 of 986 FirstFirst ... 424824874914922923924925926934974 ... LastLast
Results 9,231 to 9,240 of 9854

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by Quake View Post
    I want to erase Windows but unfortunately, I'm still a gamer at heart.

Nope. I still use UNIX.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by addinall View Post
    Nope. I still use UNIX.
    I couldn't get anything done in UNIX, so I use in GNU/Linux instead.

Beans

Red face Force-switched--Now what?

How do I make a long story short?...

Regular Windows User here

don't know anything about source code or what all these unreachable files entail

Got a chromebook c710
    now running ubuntu 12.10 as "chrubuntu" user 2 days in the race...
    actually when i made my account here is when i first went into dev mode and installed ubuntu 12.04 from a youtube video.

SO, my questions are, what do i have to do in the terminal to get programs such as manycam or cyberlink?

how can i tell if my music playing on ubuntu is the microphone output say for a website like http://www.stickam.com/(live video stream chat)

also, i cannot access google+ hangouts because all my browsers say it needs to be installed, you think it was installed incorrectly???

I have all these apps but don't know what they do or mean in the product descriptions.

anyway - offtopic sorry -- i'm stuck with linux whether i like it or not because i want to do more then surf the web - my mom bought it for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Force-switched--Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by crummychrome View Post
    How do I make a long story short?...

Regular Windows User here

don't know anything about source code or what all these unreachable files entail

Got a chromebook c710
    now running ubuntu 12.10 as "chrubuntu" user 2 days in the race...
    actually when i made my account here is when i first went into dev mode and installed ubuntu 12.04 from a youtube video.

SO, my questions are, what do i have to do in the terminal to get programs such as manycam or cyberlink?

how can i tell if my music playing on ubuntu is the microphone output say for a website like http://www.stickam.com/(live video stream chat)

also, i cannot access google+ hangouts because all my browsers say it needs to be installed, you think it was installed incorrectly???

I have all these apps but don't know what they do or mean in the product descriptions.

anyway - offtopic sorry -- i'm stuck with linux whether i like it or not because i want to do more then surf the web - my mom bought it for me.
    Congratulations on becoming an (admittedly reluctant) Linux user! Linux is easier than people tend to think, though it's also harder in some small ways than Windows. But I find there are also things that are actually easier to do in Ubuntu than in Windows.

From the terminal, in a Debian type Linux like Ubuntu, you type in
    sudo apt-get install [program] --so in your case, for instance:
    sudo apt-get install manycam

If you want to use the GUI, look for the Ubuntu Software Center. I can't tell you exactly where it is because I'm a Xubuntu user and the Start menu equivalents are different.

Beans

I went completely to Ububntu about 2 years ago and my wife several months ago. Both of us are over 60, so anyone can do it. Being out from under Windows and Microsoft is truly a relief. I wish I had done it years ago, around the time I was messing with Windows 3.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I've almost completely switched now. I like Unity (for the most part) and love multiple workplaces. I installed Windows 7 on another partition so it's there if I need it, but I'd only need that if I wanted to run a game or something I couldn't run in VirtualBox because I also installed it on VirtualBox and have it running in Workplace 2 full screen. So If I need Windows for Photoshop (still prefer it over GIMP, tho gimp is getting better with the single window mode) or PCOMM I can just switch over and run it.

I was super stoked to hear Steam is now available on Linux, along with my favorite steam game TF2. I hope this move will finally start to bring mainstream gaming in a big way to Linux.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I've completed switched over for a couple of years now. I have a VM with Windows but I hardly ever use it. I didn't like Unity or Gnome 3 much but now am quite happy with KDE.

Steam arriving at Linux is hopefully going to bring the breakthrough in Linux gaming that has been lacking so far.
    #495467 - #35304

<=> Problem solved? Mark thread solved

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by omeomi View Post
    I've completed switched over for a couple of years now. I have a VM with Windows but I hardly ever use it. I didn't like Unity or Gnome 3 much but now am quite happy with KDE.

Steam arriving at Linux is hopefully going to bring the breakthrough in Linux gaming that has been lacking so far.
    I am a long time *box fan, or perhaps XFCE. I find these desktops were nice on lower end machines, but with modern hardware they feel bland.

I recently converted to KDE as it seems to be a happy compromise between old and new school.

I would use enlightenment a bit more, but it always seems buggy.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans

Started playing with Linux ten years ago, now I don't use Windows, or Wine for anything either. All my gaming is done on consoles.

Now I run it on 3 different machines.
    #!HP Envy Ubuntu 14.04 iBook G4 PPC - MintPPC from Debian Wheezy

Beans

I have dabbled with Linux in an on and off manner for a few years now but haven't managed to stick with it yet. With Steam being out for Linux now and Windows 8 being the way it is, I firmly believe that Windows 7 shall be my last Windows operating system. When the full switch shall be made, however, remains to be seen.

Page 924 of 986 FirstFirst ... 424824874914922923924925926934974 ... LastLast