Page 903 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 403803853893901902903904905913953 ... LastLast
Results 9,021 to 9,030 of 10014

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by moodle View Post
    I keep windows for printing. Ubuntu printing drivers are unreliable. That's all.
    HP has very good support for Linux, at least in my experience.

Beans

I still have windows 7, for games mainly, crysis and suchlike, though most of my old games don't work on new windows anyway, so will try vm versions one day; most of my machines are linux now, got wife on jolicloud , daughter on ubuntu 12.04, son on ubuntu and windows for games. they aren't really literate, just users, using browsers, email, skype mostly. I use ubuntu, fedora, freebsd (for freenas), mint, debian regularly. At work i have windows XP getting me into RHEL and AIX.
    Last edited by zendob; October 10th, 2012 at 11:46 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I did so about 7 years ago!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Quake View Post
    I want to erase Windows but unfortunately, I'm still a gamer at heart.
    I've switched to Linux for everything except ONe thing: Exact Audio Copy.

I really like EAC, and find it hard to give up.

Beans

linux is getting closer to being a gaming os but still has a ways to go XP w/dual boot the only way for now

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by litiform View Post
    I've switched to Linux for everything except ONe thing: Exact Audio Copy.

I really like EAC, and find it hard to give up.
    Gold rating in wine. http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...ation&iId=1190 sure you could find a decent mp3 ripper or flac ripper though
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans

Greetings:
    I have no windows OS on any of my machines and made the total switch over in 1999. Have been able to accomplish pretty much everything I need to do with out Micro Soft OS. Best thing I ever did...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I'm not much of a PC gamer and I don't use Photoshop. So the switch was no-brainer for me.
    Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

My Last.FM | My Original Music at Jamendo

Beans

The only single app that keeps me attached to Mac is: OmniOutliner.

So, I keep using my Macbook. But my main computer, my desktop computer, has Kubuntu on it. It has Mac OS on another drive, but I never use it. The limitation is the fact that it's a power pc Mac and fundamental things like Wine and, especially, Flash and Dropbox don't work in Linux Power PC.

The day I find an alternative to OmniOutliner for Linux, I will probably switch completely to Linux. Especially because my next desktop computer will certainly be a normal PC in which I will erase windows (blarrghh) and install Linux, and then have flash, Dropbox, Wine, etc.

I'm sick of Apple. If it had the power of Microsoft, it would be much worse. So, OmniOutliner is the trigger missing.
    Desktop: Ubuntustudio 20.04 running on AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, with Nvidia Geforce 1050Ti graphics; Laptop: Ubuntustudio 20.04 running on a Intel i5 6200U @2.30 GHz

Beans

I switched completely to Ubuntu 12.04 in May 2012 and have had some issues, but overall do not regret my decision. I miss playing some games which I had purchased through Steam, but oh well. One thing however I did not anticipate was the inability to stream Netflix in Linux. I've read up on the info available in the forums and looks like the topic has been beaten to death. Linux is great, I have no issues (for the most part), and with the help of the many people on these forums, I was able to hit the ground running. If you are unsure of switching, keep the dual boot, but once your ready, go for it and don't look back. Learning Linux has made a huge difference in how I use computers, and that is something I could not have done with Windows (98 through 7).

Page 903 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 403803853893901902903904905913953 ... LastLast