Page 902 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 402802852892900901902903904912952 ... LastLast
Results 9,011 to 9,020 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Done fooling around, Switched to apple, no more broken packages, no more reloads, it just works.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Mikecore View Post
    Done fooling around, Switched to apple, no more broken packages, no more reloads, it just works.
    except when it doesn't. i'd much rather have a problem on linux then a problem on osx since the user base is much more technical and may actually provide a solution. just saying. nobody forces anyone to fool around in linux. i could use ubuntu but i chose arch? why? because i don't believe everything has to be handed to me on a silver platter and some challenge now and again actually makes the computer more fun to use. you can't appreciate a working system without breaking one occasionally.
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by peyre View Post
    Go Xubuntu! I think it's the best of Canonical's offerings.

I actually have found a couple games that didn't work in Wine: Civ V for instance, and lately Lord of the Rings Online (even with PyLOTRO) has stopped working mysteriously. But yes, a high proportion of Windows software actually does run in Wine.
    Civ 5 works very well in Wine actually...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Mikecore View Post
    Until Apple changes things and decides your hardware isn't worthy of said change...

Beans

Wink Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I use a duel boot Ubuntu on my laptop (because i was forced to put windows back on it, but never really need it for anything at all)

On my main desktop I use a duel boot of Windows 7 & Arch linux
    (Windows for gaming and compatiblity and Arch because... well it's just awesome)

Beans

I've used a dual boot of Xp and ubuntu since buying my new laptop! And I have to say, ubuntu is the best!

Beans

Many moons ago I migrated from Amiga to PC/Windows98 then to XP.

I was constantly harassed by all kinds of back door nasties and the various tricks used by websites to gain my email adress or the contents of my wallet.

To allow unfettered access to the core OS components via the web is in my opinion almost criminal--akin to giving away skeleton keys for all doors and cars etc. A bit like a bank selling wealthy customers bank details to the highest bidder!

There is even a false Anti virus,that wont let you access the internet unless you pay them for the key to the door.

Since discovering LINUX (about 10years ago) its been absolute heaven,a bit like losing the noisy and nosey neighbors. Next doors dog has stopped barking and I dont get anymore crap through my letterbox.

Linus Torvalds,Richard Stallman I love you guys and all those that follow in your footsteps.Not to mention those Heroes that step up and answer lesser mortals problems, Salut!

eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Quake View Post
    How many of you completely switched to Linux?
    I was introduced to Unix based OSs in the 90s, when I first had access to Sun OS. Since then it's been hard to not want to be on Unix. I can't say that I love "Linux" above all forms of Unix, though. Berkley BSD is still great.

Beans

I just did that and have to consider how to play my games, e.g., CoDs, Diablo III, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Quake View Post
    I want to erase Windows but unfortunately, I'm still a gamer at heart.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I keep windows for printing. Ubuntu printing drivers are unreliable. That's all.

Page 902 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 402802852892900901902903904912952 ... LastLast