Page 885 of 987 FirstFirst ... 385785835875883884885886887895935985 ... LastLast
Results 8,841 to 8,850 of 9868

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I made the transition from Windows to Linux in 2009 have NOT turn back ever since, have use various flavors of Linux: Ubuntu, LinuxMint, Debian, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Bodhi and my favorite ArchBang! and now for a change came back to where I started Ubuntu 12.04 I Love Unity and the GREAT Support within the forums...I have always said that the best support is the Ubuntu Forums...people are very friendly and always with the attitude of lending a hand.
    To Doubt is infinitely more important that adoration, To question is much more Important than to believe....
    Anthony DeMello

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have been unable to dual boot in months because of a mysterious problem which manifests both in grub and windows: No keyboard, doesn't matter if its ps/2 or usb, 9 in 10 boots the keyboard doesn't work. But once linux loads, its works.

Very likely a hardware problem, but whatever, won't replace the motherboard for another year. Goodbye to that other os, i won't miss it.

drogve: The ubuntu installer can do it for you.
    i5-2500, Asus p8p67le, 8g ddr3, gtx460. Eeepc 701 4g surf.

vm.swappiness=0;noatime,data=writeback;deadline scheduler;preload.

Beans

I started using Ubuntu to try and make use of some fairly unstable hardware I had after a boutique gaming laptop decided to suffer a series of heat failures. Couldn't run XP, Vista, or 7 for long without some serious problems. Ubuntu? Ran like a dream.

Now, I use Linux for literally everything but gaming. And even on the gaming machine, all usage EXCEPT gaming and Steam (the ONLY way to game) goes through a VM running 12.04 or Crunchbang.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I finally got windows going in virtualbox, and I'm loving it! There are some things that require IE, but I *hate* Windows, so I no longer have to dual boot.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by HunterDX77M View Post
    ... keeps Windows on my machine is the need to print. ...
    I think that printing was much easier on linux then windows. On windows it was me who had to find the drivers= a lot of work. On linux, I put the usb cable of the printer. My linux find the drivers for me, all in background, and I can print. And for wireless printer it was really amazing: I say "connect with this printer". Linux says connected and after one minute, you can print without wire.

Windows WAS the best in the 90s, it was he who had done the revolution in computers by going from DOS to graphical user interface but however the hardware of computers became faster and faster in the last 20 years but the operating system did not increase in speed so much relative to the CPU speed. it is due to windows that we did not see this increase in speed in the operating system.

Beans

I've never had a very nice pc to play games, so, i just have windows because of office, 3d max and sony vegas, of course for my brothers, i really don't need windows, i even got a ps3 so i don't have to upgrade my pc

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I switched 100%, I showed the Live CD to my dad and he was installing it before I even got a change to backup my files and switch.

I have no use for Windows, Linux has everything I need.

Beans

I still have to use dual booting. Im a hardcore gamer and I may be slapped for saying this but gaming on Linux sucks hard. Besides, Im a poor guy and Wine just doesnt run torrented games

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by nhianho View Post
    I still have to use dual booting. Im a hardcore gamer and I may be slapped for saying this but gaming on Linux sucks hard. Besides, Im a poor guy and Wine just doesnt run torrented games
    I remember watching an interview of Linus Torvalds on Youtub, even he said Linux is bad for gameing.

Beans

I switched a month and a half ago to 12.04 and am stuck having to dual boot windows 7 for Nvidia 3d vision and gaming and ODIN, for if I root my S3, and just in case.

Page 885 of 987 FirstFirst ... 385785835875883884885886887895935985 ... LastLast