Page 848 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 348748798838846847848849850858898948 ... LastLast
Results 8,471 to 8,480 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Been with Ubuntu since 9.10, and always upgrade a couple of months after new versions became available. Usability improves at every upgrade, and I jumped in with both feet and rid myself of the cumbersome and slow Microsoft XP. I have not looked back.
    Compaq Presario C500, Ubuntu 11.10, Canon Pixma i3300 (for which drivers were loaded in the background and works perfectly) Vodafone K3520 dongle also works without any intervention from me, and whenever I visit friends wireless loads up on their guest networks without prompting when passwords are known.....wonderful stuff......keep improving!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Azyx View Post
    Interisting. Can you tell why you have so many diatrubitions and what their advances and disadvances on the different distrubitions?

/Cheers
    at a quess ,I'd say he likes linux
    but seriously why not try a few
    yes i'm a nood

Beans

Let me run Camtasia or some other decent screencasting software and I'm all linux all day.

Sadly that's keeping me stuck on the old windows platform for now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I bought a new hard drive and installed Linux Mint Katya, and now have installed Unbuntu 11.10 64bit on it. My win7 hard drive is sealed in a bag and put away. I cannot see why I would go back to Windows. I can do everything I want in Ubuntu already. Including playing all of my Windows games

Beans

I haven't booted into windows since installing linux.

Beans

i've been using ubuntu for almost 2 years. i still have win7starter on my netbook, but i never use it if i can help it. i still help family/others with windows problems, but i'd way rather be using ubuntu. i do miss paint.net...pinta's /ok/, but not quite the clone i was hoping for.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I have finally taken the step and switched 100%

After years of missing Linux i finally cracked.. Moved my gaming over to consoles and formated all my hdds.

running Ubuntu 11.10 now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Talking Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Hi Quake unfortunately I still have to use Windows so I still dual boot. I do office work at home. I still watch my DVD movies in Windows. The reason: Powerdvd saves the spot where you stop watching. Neither VLC or Movie player does this. The other reason is my weekly puzzles from www.lenagames.com does not work in linux, and I simply have to have my weekly jigsaw puzzle. Tried using WINE, all I got for my trouble was a whole bunch of multi-coloured square blocks.

Regards
    Philip

Beans

Have run a flavor of linux for 12 years (Ubuntu 10.04lts now) I use it for everything from POS, cctv, 3d milling, 2d engraving and all the regular desktop stuff. I have one BIG server and run 5 thin clients with LTSP (HP gt7725) works like a charm no maintenance to speak of.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlmd View Post
    im no longer linux user i removed linux from all my machines
    and now im windows only user to me there is no purpose for continuing with linux

in fact this post maybe the last post in this forum
    it was good forum i enjoyed my time

see you maybe in another world
    Unfortunately, the penalty for apostasy is severe.
    ryanthomas.org | Mint MATE 21 | AwesomeWM

Page 848 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 348748798838846847848849850858898948 ... LastLast