Page 814 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 314714764804812813814815816824864914 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,140 of 10014

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I was about 75% Ubuntu, 25% Windows and then the Windows died. I never looked back

Beans

I only use Ubuntu for browsing..most media work, ie burning cd's and videos I use windows 7. Also I cant get my CCTV USB-DVR to work on Ubuntu. Network printing is dodgy too

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Cool Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I did. Windows deleted. Hard Drive deleted. New start.
    Pure
    Awesomeness.

Beans

I did too. A long time ago.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I still use windows on a very limited basic, but I have been using Ubuntu for the last 6 months. I only keep windows around for the little lady

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Yes!, for 3 years now. uh, almost without windows.

Almost, I use VMware player to run Garmin software Mapsource, that only runs on Windows... And at work i have no choice ...

Ubuntu works fine for me!

Beans

I'm thinking of doing this for work. I'm an IT technician, mainly Windows server support (some desktop). We have a guy in our office that uses a MacBook Pro and everyone else is on Windows. I can't afford a MacBook and would like to see if I can stick to Ubuntu.

We have a TS, so for any applications that I can't get to work, I can jump on the TS. I will need dual monitors though! Using a Dell dock. It didn't work on my Dell XPS but I've got a new work laptop

Think I'll give this a go tomorrow and see how I get on.

Anyone else use it for IT work? The only thing I think I'll miss is mRemote, but I think I've found an alternative!

I'll let you know how I get on!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo69
    Yes!, for 3 years now. uh, almost without windows.
    Huh, you just reminded me - my last Windows install died two weeks before 8.10's release, so I just broke three years as well.

Of course, for about half of that, I had an XP VM or Wine installed for little things, too.

Beans

I completely refuse to go back to Windows, after all the trouble I had with them(lost count of the breakdowns bluescreens etc i.ve been a Linux Ubuntu user for over a year now and am really enjoying the learning experience" you can actually find help with any prob you may have with the OS" unlike windows, but whatever happens I'm a Linux lifer

Beans

I still have windows around, but i only boot into it from time to time to make sure things still work. The only reason i still have it around is because Wine doesn't have USB Support. You see, my other hobby is cars, and the flash tuner for my car uses proprietary, Windows-only software. Even the DRIVER is proprietary, and installed by the Windows installer. so, I'm stuck with this vestigial windows install for ONE thing until SCT decides to port it or Wine adds USB support.

</OT>

That aside, yes, i've been linux only since about may of last year.

Page 814 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 314714764804812813814815816824864914 ... LastLast