Page 811 of 986 FirstFirst ... 311711761801809810811812813821861911 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,110 of 9853

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Been running Linux only for almost a year now. Never going back!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

The last time I booted Windows was a bit less than a year ago, and that was to make sure the new machine worked before I erased it.

It worked. I erased it. Hasn't worked since.

Beans

Gave up Windows along time ago... Windows 8 push for keyboard shortcuts sounds nice though.

I have been using everything but Windows (except @ work) for the last 12 years.

OS X
    PC/FreeBSD
    Ubuntu
    SuSE

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I admit I have only one Linux box, 2 winXP and a windows 7 (which I dislike greatly) I am still learning Linux. I had ubuntu 10.04 but went to 11.04 a couple weeks ago and was surprized the desktop was different....learning some more. slow but steady
    Last edited by Pujims; September 25th, 2011 at 05:23 PM. Reason: spelling as always

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have switched over to ubuntu 2 months back because my Dell machine couldn't boot into vista after some S%#!!@ update from windows. I tried many ways to get it working but that annoying blue screen stuck there. I couldn't even restore my earlier settings because the updates wiped my earlier restore img. many suggested me to format the Laptop.
    but then an idea struck me I had ubuntu 8.10 live CD which came free with some PC magazine. I tried booting into it. I could see all my window files in it also I was able to back up my important Data. THANKS to ubuntu !! and also to makers of Live version of Linux.

Eversince that I had reformatted my disk 3 partitions. in which major chunk of partition goes to Kubuntu. second goes to common media files which can be shared by both OS. and third partition is Windows 7.
    I have learned alot about Linux in the last two months. I love it !! it rocks !! the only regret is I have to go boot into windows to listen songs as the Sound Quality is awesome in windows compare to any linux flavour(I tried Fedora,Mandriva,openSUSE,etc., they all sound same ).
    Ubuntu 12.04 on Dell Inspiron 1545, 500GB, 4GB, Intel GM45 graphics.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I only use windows to manage music in my philips streamium.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body. Paddy

Beans
    Hidden!

I never booted Windows on this computer (it even came without windows installed) and on my previous computer, I hadn't booted windows since summer 2009 I believe.

In our home, we don't have any bootable windows (not even a VM) for almost a year.

Beans

I had windows on my netbook. lol what a joke. I know use ubuntu 11.04 on it and I do not regret the decision to change. I even got one of my friends to start using it on his laptop but still has windows because there are some things still I haven't been able to get to work on it using wine. I wish my wife would think about it but she insists on windows on her desktop. (i don't blame her. she knows very little about the thing.) when I build a new desktop and buy a new laptop this is all they are going to run is linux.

Beans

I've been using linux for servers and second workstations since 2000. Started with Mandrake 7.2. Switched to United Linux, then SuSE Linux after Novell's acquisition.

In 2008, I started migrating everything to Ubuntu. (Only have two SuSE systems left for application reasons.) That is also when I switched Windows to be my secondary OS. Ubuntu has been my primary OS with Windows running virtually only when wine doesn't work. I don't play video games, so it hasn't caused issues for me.

If only the wife didn't play The Sims.......

Beans

I'm not much of a gamer, although I did try Mupen64 as I am a Nintendo fan of old, especially the Zelda series and Golden Eye. Had so much trouble getting it to work I just left it on my Windows XP. What I do like on my computer is electric guitar effect syth. programs. I know of at least one in the archives in the ''download'' section under Applications. Again, couldn't get it to work, it was having issues with the jack. So I went back to my XP, downloaded the free demo of Revalver MKIII.five from Peavey, then downloaded the Asio4all plugin, installed it, then Revalver and wailed away on my Strat until I was deaf. Don't get me wrong, I love Ubuntu/Linux. It has saved my butt for a long time as I had been given old PII back in 2004-2005. Windows was bogging the thing down so badly it was just an irritant more than anything else. In addition, I needed to reformat the HD. Seeing as I had no Windows CD, I couldn't do much. That's when a relation of mine lent me a Ubuntu 6.1 CD. I found it a bit niggly at first, but came to like it. It was lightweight and ran well on my computasaurus. So I looked into what Ubuntu was all about, discovered the free downloads for the 9.1 distro, burned the ISO, and never looked back since. I just finished loading the latest Distro, 11. something or other, can't wait to give it a try on an older box I was given(PIV, 2.4gHz). As for completely giving up on Windows... one day maybe, but for now it's the the only one that runs my stupid printer(HP 7660) and I haven't found a program yet for my Lightscribe burner.

Page 811 of 986 FirstFirst ... 311711761801809810811812813821861911 ... LastLast