Page 803 of 987 FirstFirst ... 303703753793801802803804805813853903 ... LastLast
Results 8,021 to 8,030 of 9870

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Ubuntu full time for the past 3 years. Part time for 5-ish?

Beans

Except for work I have been only using Linux for about a year now. I still have Windows 7 in a partition and actually booted it yesterday (can't just delete Adobe CS!). It took me half an hour to shut it down because of 45 updates.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I've used Ubuntu on a dual boot with Windows for about 5 years. I rarely ever use Windows, except to add new hardware, or if I need tech support for same (because they can't help me in linux.) I need to learn how to do this on my own and get rid of Windows entirely. Can anyone suggest a good online beginners class for learning ubuntu-speak?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

desktop windows
    laptop fully linux
    yes i'm a nood

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by techtabu View Post
    One of the reference I have found that is useful for the beginners is this
    http://linuxcommand.org/index.php..

Ubuntu documentation is another source. Also, you can ask yor questions in the forum.. Cheers mate...
    Thank you for the link I too need to learn.....

Beans

I may as well add my bit .Been 2 years now and love it although don't know anything about commands.I read my dos book many times cover to cover.I have used dos 3.3, 5, win 3.1, 95,98,2k and started xp. Hated ME and not fond of XP.This is a dual boot machine. Came used with XP pro and I made install disks in case I need it but haven't been in windozy in months. I predict that soon linux will be where it needs to be for more of the windows users to be able to use it easily.I have been trying different distros and versions of linux and am happy I made the change.Thanks to all those that have written the code to get us where we are so far.

Beans

i just completely switched to Ubuntu 11.04, no win or mac, after discovering my anti-virus, HP tools, and everything else are spyware, adware and virus so i started suspecting my ISP too. maybe i'm just paranoid. well at least now i got my hard disk encrypted too after the switch and planned to us VMware and Tor. lol.

ok this just sounds too extreme. well I GUESS I FINALLY SAY BYE BYE TO WINDOWS!!!

Beans

Lol I switched over like 2 years ago never used windows on my PC in this time, however I had to use win7 for fixing a thing for a client

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I had two die hard windows users for room mates..after 18 months 3 failers {due to virus} each time, that a linux newb fixed for them,I talked them into letting me setup a dual boot system on both of there machines.It has been two months now and they both admit they don't boot windows any more..the only problem we had was a monitor went pink, all the white had a pink tint to it,We tried different vid card,a different monitor,I even plugged my laptop into it all pink.After a lot of the monitors gone bad and it's only two years old,I thought what did all those connections have in common, the monitor cable .Sure enough there cat had chewed the cord..... but hey at least it wasn't an OS problem....
    Last edited by DLM955; August 29th, 2011 at 05:17 AM.
    Do you have beans that can not be seen with the human eye?

------- Spike from Cowboy Bebop the movie

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by DLM955 View Post
    ..the only problem we had was a monitor went pink, all the white had a pink tint to it,We tried different vid card,a different monitor,I even plugged my laptop into it all pink.After a lot of the monitors gone bad and it's only two years old,I thought what did all those connections have in common, the monitor cable .Sure enough there cat had chewed the cord..... but hey at least it wasn't an OS problem....
    As my NT instructor used to say, most problems come down to the physical layer.

Page 803 of 987 FirstFirst ... 303703753793801802803804805813853903 ... LastLast