Page 459 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 359409449457458459460461469509559959 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,590 of 10014

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I only use XP through a virtual machine for video editing software.
    -KVarley
    -Proud member of the Linux Foundation

Beans

Using ubuntu almost a year... I knew nothing about linux, I just woke up a day, and installed it over windows.. From then I never returned xD, not even as a virtual machine, i was too exited to return to crappy windows

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I've been using Linux for almost a year. One day, I got curious and went to linux.com. I picked Ubuntu. I found a blank CD. I put Ubuntu on the CD. I installed Ubuntu. At first, I dual-booted, but then I just erased Windows completely as I already had everything I wanted (music, pictures, etc.) transferred from Windows when I installed Ubuntu. For a while, I got frustrated with Ubuntu, and branched out to Mandriva. I hated it. A lot. I tried OpenSUSE, and that didn't detect my hardware correctly - as in, white lines all over the screen, resolution wayyy too big for my monitor, etc. Now I'm with Kubuntu 8.10, no VM with Windows (although I've been thinking about making one again), and no dual boot. The only time I use Windows is when I'm using our upstairs computer or when I'm at school.

Beans

i haven't completely switched but i use ubuntu 99.9% of the time booting into windows to watch sopcast and transfer pics i took on my phone to my pc

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

100% ubuntu. cant wait for Jaunty!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by fantom_feltpen View Post
    100% ubuntu. cant wait for Jaunty!!!
    Same here!

Actually, I've been using ubuntustudio on my HP Pavilion laptop.....
    ...and I'm still learning all the programs!

Beans

I am running Ubuntu Intrepid on my desktop, and sons desktop, Hardy LTS Server for my file, poxy, web, content filtering server. I have a new Intrepid box I am working on getting Myth going properly on GARR. And my 7 year old daughter is using Windows because I want her to be ahead of the curve at school, but she navigates my Ubuntu machine pretty well. I do have a Windows 7 virtual machine since its free for now and I need something to do my autocad homework on.. As far as buying Windows Licenses I haven't for a few years now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Just celebrated my Ubuntu anniversary! My only remaining connection to Windows is that I have MSOffice 2000 installed under Wine just in case some Office file from work doesn't play nice with OpenOffice.

I'm really lovin the freedom and speed.
    Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend. ~Corey Ford

Beans

100 % ubuntu 8.04 waiting for 9.04
    thinking on installing windows in a vm but after reading this thead i remembered how windows sucks

Beans

Talking Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Dumped Winders on 2/15/09 after being borked by the MS beast for the last time....

I've been screwing around with Linux since the RH 6.5 days (even purchased the boxed set) but never took the dive. When RH went to subservience to corporate types (not blaming them, they have to eat too) I dropped them and played with various distros including Mandrake, Suse (til they sold),Debian, and Fedora. I discovered Ubuntu about a year ago, found it *VERY* friendly and easy to install. Played around with it here and there, but now I'm absolutely sold.

Yep. No more viruses, $$$ for BSOD's, or updating the updates to the updated updates....

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my testicles....

Page 459 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 359409449457458459460461469509559959 ... LastLast