Page 3 of 1002 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I switched completely to Linux about 5½ years ago.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

The only time I booted into Windows in the past several months was to play HL2. Played it, beat it, and now I am thankfully back using a decent desktop OS!
    $ whatis themeaningoflife
    themeaningoflife: not found

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

The only open Windows (coff, coff) I have are at work. At home, I currently have Ubuntu (Warty) installed as my boot OS. I'm probably going to add Ubuntu (Hoary) in the very near future as secondary boot. And, I usually save enough disk space for my "distro of the moment" junkie habit<g>.

Oh, yes...I just very recently ordered (and received!) the DR-DOS 7.03 diskettes. Intel has (so far) not made BIOS updates for my D865GLC mainboard in anything other than Windows or DOS executables & since I've sworn off Microsoft altogether, I needed some means to insure I can have the latest BIOS code...if interested (or you have a need like mine), check out http://www.drdos.com- they're nice folks.
    "....I'm a user, not a programmer...."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

We use some windows machines at our web design studio, but I work entirely from Ubuntu. I used to use Fedora Core 2, but I like ubuntu much better primarily because I like to be on the cutting edge and apt-get and hoary allow me to do that.

Beans

i use windows only when i need to for flash n other gfx/web apps

i use fc3 and ubuntu more jus started ubuntu today and really like it so far alot quicker than fc3

Beans

I am trying my hardest to switch over to ubuntu, but i cant seem to get the internet to work steadily on my main box, once i fix that problem i will probably never use windows again. I really hate it, it is such an evil organazation, it just makes me sick! It makes me even angrier that i am forced to use it at school! Thanksfully work uses linux redhat.. . My other box runs completely on ubuntu, i thought about dual booting when i first set it up, but after using ubuntu for a couple days, it works better with ubuntu then it ever did with winxp.
    ---> Pointing in the Right Direction

Beans

I have no windows at the moment. I use linux since 2000 I think (redhat 7).
    How many things changed for good!

(I'm going to reinstall winxp to give half-life 2 a shot, a friend of mine gave me the coupon he got with his ati-mllionair card to order HL2 for _free_ , I just can't stand that I had to reinstal grub *shrug*)

Beans

Well, I tried Linux several times, like Redhat and Mandrake (version 7 to 9), but I still use XP because I play a lot of online games.
    I use Linux at work, and was on Mandrake 9 Community before I started with Ubuntu.
    So I could say I spend 3/4 time on Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I have switched over completely from windows. It was a moral question for me.
    I had tried several other distros before, and some I quite liked, but Ubuntu was the one that I thought that I could live with, and that is what I have been doing for the last 3 months.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Woohoo! Got a used copy of Linux Tribes 2 from Amazon.com. Now, I have to check if there's a huge Performance hit when running games in cedega and I MAY be willing to give Linux 3/4 of the HD space

Page 3 of 1002 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast