Page 202 of 986 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302702 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 9854

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Completely use Xubuntu 6.10 Edgy on a Dell Dimension L1000R.

I sometimes play with XP on the other pc, but not on the Dell. It only has Xubuntu
    There's always a workaround; finding it is the hard part.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

For home use I am 100% linux, however I may reincarnate Windows for gaming purposes if my free time opens up.

Sadly, my attempts at work to make inroads for Linux have failed. Too many corporate policies require win-only software (whole-disk encryption for my work laptop is the big one right now).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Cool Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Search in the help files there, you'll definitely get an answer. Or if you need help, make a thread & PM me [/QUOTE]

Hey All,

I decided I wanted to give my Mic a try in my Virtural Machine..... what do you know... it shows up but I cant use it bc im in windows.. So I know it works in the vm, that I am using UBUNTU in right now

But heres the thing......... when I had ubuntu actually loaded on my machine on a parititon of its own......

and I clicked on the volume control... I didnt see what I am seeing right now I didnt see the option for Master, pcm, line in, cd, microphone, pc speaker.....

When I had ubuntu loaded On its own partition...... All I had options for was volume.. that was all its showing.. that was my own option and it only said VOLUME CONTROL at the top

now in my Virtural MACHINE i see Volume Control : Intel 82801aa-ich ( alsa mixer )

When I actually had Ubuntu loaded..... it only said volume control.... Nothing more...

~ Cm ~

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I just deleted Windows last night! It feels good! LOL Kind of the same good feeling i got when i deleted WOW! (c:

I had a couple games, tried them with WINE, didn't work... but that doesn't matter to me. I am looking into getting a Nintendo DS Lite soon so that will be my gaming tool.

I love the feeling of not worrying about viruses and that junk. Linux starts up instantly mostly because it doesn't have to load all of the protection apps!

Linux is fun to learn!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I switched on January to ubuntu. Win what?

Beans

Win-blows

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

All my computers have been Linux-only since 2002. I started with Red Hat, then moved to Mandriva in 2004, then to Ubuntu this summer. I'm happy with my Vectrex emulation under sdlmess + a few online games like WoP. I'm easy to please.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Talking Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by zenwhen View Post
    I haven't booted Windows for four months.

I play UT2K4, Q3, D3, SNES ROMS, and Frozen Bubble. I stay entertained.
    My name Shua and I have been M$ free for 2 months now. I have accepted that in the past I have been week, and that each day is a chance to change. My addiction to spending too much of my and my family's income on a product that never satisfies has hurt those around me and in turn the greater population. For that
    I'm sorry. I'll say it again...

I'M SORRY!

With your support I can become strong again. It has been two gratifying months since my last M$ 'Boot' and I am a proud survivor.
    My only hope is that others will follow, and become clean, free and most of all, have there cup of UBUNTU and drink it too!

Thanks for your support.

Shua

nikoPSK is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Arrow Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I have. Xp had a pop-up virus so I got the 7.04 disk now I'm hooked. Porblems though. My Sound Blaster Audigy doesn't work..., My Winfast TV200 tuner I can't find drivers (or a program for watching TV on...) and my printer sometimes stops.

Beans

I have but am starting to regret it..

i do not know enough about linux to fix problems I have been having.

I try to get help but not everybody roudn here has time.

Currently I cannot connect to theInternet, which makes using this forum impossible from home... but i hope to get it taken care of.

I hope to learn more.

I have been thikning of going back to XP but I really do not want to.

robi

Page 202 of 986 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302702 ... LastLast