Page 154 of 984 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254654 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 9837

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Smile Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I switched completely - Jury is still out, but things are working pretty well right now, so it's looking good. I bought a new laptop, and it only came with vista, and although it looks slick, it's slow and Micro$oft has become increasingly annoying, so I decided to give Ubuntu a try.

I only have one application to get going, and I'll be set. I run Ubuntu Studio, and it's working well so far, after the initial bumps. I'm hoping I can stick with this system - I like the advantages it has, and also offers some uniqueness, too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

here here, fruck microsoft
    http://members.cox.net/maax/berylsgi.jpg
    2400+AMD ATI rv350 9550 Video 1gigddr, Fiesty 7.04
    t4500 Acer 5734Z 10.10 x64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Completely Ubuntu here - except for WinXP Pro in Vmware - only use it to run Finale though - don't even need the MIDI playback, just the ability to notate, and none of the Linux equivilents have worked for me...

I thought I would miss games too, but I mostly play CS 1.6, and that works equally as well in Wine for me as it did in XP, I bought UT2004 for the native linux version and now I play that more than CS, and I've also gotten into Open Arena, Nexuiz and Tremulous on the Open Source gaming side...I was gonna buy Quake 4 and Doom 3 but many friends told me they both suck, so I haven't bothered (yet, althought I may if I find them bargain cheap somewhere)...

It's been a little over a month for me being 100% Linux, and I doubt I'll EVER go back. The hardest decision for me was KDE vs. GNOME, but wound up on GNOME and very happy

Beans

here here, fruck microsoft
    Lol, you same to me, **** Apple

Beans

Personally, I switched to Ubuntu a year ago. Before that I used SuSe for 4 years. I played with Madriva for a while while dual booting Win98SE. I think Ubuntu is the best flavor of Linux I have tried. I love it. I want to set up Doom, Quake and WOW in the future.
    My wife is stuck on XP. I do get her to use Linux when we are traveling. She is coming around as Ubuntu gets better and matures.
    I wish my employer would go to Linux but sadly they mainly use XP. The servers are UNIX and a few engineers use Linux. They also have a whole campus of software people in India optimizing code for Unix, Linux, C++ for their products.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Arrow Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I am i Linux user , but still have windows, but my dad is a pastor at a church, and he's the head technology manager, and he is upgrading everyone to Dell computers. He gets all the old computer, and I upgrade them to all LINUX! YAY GO LINUX!

Beans

One word: Photoshop.

Never quite could get used to the GIMP. And I've got too many years of Photoshop experience to just start over at square 1 again.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Well, I've been playing around with Linux for years, but only got SERIOUS about it a couple months ago...The only reason Windows is still in this machine is just a couple words..'Final Fantasy XI'...I've been in the game since the US release, and still haven't gotten tired of it...Otherwise, Ubunto is doin' everything I need, and in some ways BETTER than I expected...

Beans

Windows? What's that?

Nah, I'm just playin'.

I have Ubuntu as my primary OS on both my laptop and desktop machines. But on my desktop, I dual-boot XP as well.

Only reason I keep it there is because of Photoshop.

I've got lots of games there too... But I haven't touched them (nor wanted to) since I came back to Ubuntu.

(I play Vendetta Online, which runs natively in Linux, and it's plenty of game for me!)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Well, technically, XP is still installed on one of my hard drvies but I haven't booted into it since Feb or March, and before then, I rarely booted into it. I've been using Linux since '99. The only reason I kept Windows around was for Flight Sim, but then I discovered X-Plane. Since then, the only reason I didn't reformat my hard drive was that it was dying, so I had to buy a new one anyway. So, Windows is still technically in my computer, but on an old, dying hard drive that will probably never get booted into again. And, when I buy a laptop for school, it'll be running Linux and any computer I ever use again will be Linux and, hopefully, I'll be working on Linux computers when I get out (going in for computer engineering). It's disappointing to see just how many people want to ditch Windows all-together, but can't because of x and y programs. Something's got to be done.

Page 154 of 984 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254654 ... LastLast