Page 117 of 997 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217617 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 9966

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Ubuntu and I are connected at the hip and will remain so until the grimm reaper crashes the party.
    Regards
    Compaq DeskPro Warrior

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

I used to dual boot for a long time until recently. My windows started crashing and i decided to format, well I found out I did not own a Windows CD. And by that time I was already spending most of my time logged into my Linux Partition, so i dropped windows . and I have been using only Linux. My only hope is to get a decent job soon so I can donate some money to the Ubuntu project, I have been using it for a long time and I like to give something back.

I have really been enjoying my ubuntu, I have been learning alot thanks to ubuntu and all the ubuntu forum members

regards

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Except for occasional gaming, I use Linux 100%. Ubuntu on my laptop and FC4 on my work desktop. FC4 was not my idea but it's the only Linux distro that they will support at work.

Beans

After discovering that not only could I run Out Of The Park Baseball 2006 on linux through wine, but that it ran significantly faster than on Windows, I decided to go ahead and make the switch for the most part. I still have a Windows XP partition as I still have a few reasons to use it, but I'd say 95% of my time in the past two weeks has been in linux.

Beans
    Hidden!

I keep my windows images around, just in case. Sometimes not very often I restore and boot into them to play some game or use some specific application, or to test a website in Internet exploder. When someone wants to borrow my box to use exploder or ms comic chat thats what they get, or if they rather prefer windows3 and skifree (the only good thing that ever came out of m$ besides ms comic chat), or msdos and whatnot. But, I completely switched to Linux a long time ago for workstation, and have been happy ever since...end of story.
    Last edited by pulver; July 2nd, 2006 at 10:58 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

been using linux for almost a year ubuntu to be exact in my laptop.
    i went as far as removing the stickers that came with it. "designed for windows xp"
    hehehe...... if i could only find a sticker that say " designed for ubuntu " with the corresponding logo.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I was born with Windows and been using it since v3.11, then I stumble upon Mandrake 9.2 (my first Linux).. I love Linux eversince and I'm using it extensively at different machines with SUSE, MEPIS, and of course K/Ubuntu.. but somehow I need to use Windows occasionally for Internet Banking... which made me think.. maybe I should change my bank now..
    Linux Registered User# 412247
    Pinoy Geek

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by louiemac
    been using linux for almost a year ubuntu to be exact in my laptop.
    i went as far as removing the stickers that came with it. "designed for windows xp"
    hehehe...... if i could only find a sticker that say " designed for ubuntu " with the corresponding logo.
    Hey, Pinoy? Have you ordered the free K/Ubuntu CDs? Mine came 5 days ago and it has neat stickers along with it.. I put the stickers on my machines running K/Ubuntu..
    Linux Registered User# 412247
    Pinoy Geek

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 5.10

I began my struggle with linux a long time ago and achieved success with redhat 4. That is when I dumped MS from my personal computer. I have RH 9 and now Ubuntu and I help other people get rid of Microsoft. I think RH is making MS noises so I have abandoned them. I have even used linux to repair Windows machines

Stickers? Its time for me to upgrade!! I love stickers!!

Bill

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I've been using Linux full time for a couple years now. First it was Fedora, then Suse, and somewhere was a little Mandrake. I settled on Ubuntu with the 5.04 release and been happy ever since. I'm also the proud owner of a Myth box and I'm working on a dedicated file/web/mail server (Ubuntu Server Edition 6.06 LTS, of course).

Page 117 of 997 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217617 ... LastLast