Page 103 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I am! Not by choice. Tried to install dapper beta. Hosed entire drive...But there goes my excuse of not wanting to lose data. It's lost. Even convinced the wife to let it stay gone. Just have to have PCLinux on there as "her OS"

Beans

I switched to Linux starting with Libranet 2.7 about 2 or 3 years. I'm no expert at all.

I don't miss Windows a bit and am well rid of it. I miss one small app: Tom's e-text reader -- ought to write to the author of this excellent ebook/e-text reader (and editor) or install wine.

I want to try another distro now but I'm looking forward to Dapper.

Am installing Apache, PHP, Mysql atm so I can hopefully continue developing my websites on Linux, I have noticed a few problems with fonts and font sizes in terms of the CSS
    Make sure you give your visitors a good range of fonts: Arial is ugly actually compared to Bitstream Vera sans, and verdana for M$ is much better but looks too big. Add sans-serif at the end of your list of fonts in your CSS so everyone will have some decent font (their own choice set in their browser, for instance).

And yes, no fixed size but em or % should fix the problems.

As for people missing Photoshop: sounds a bit like a joke. GIMP and Inkscape do the job and GIMP can be used by beginners too (I am one of them; nevr used Photoshp myself) Many people in my country at least use it illegally and become addicted to it. Why not use free software in the first place?

Linux is great but restricted audio and video formats are a pain!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Been using ubuntu for some month now, completely windows-free.
    I've been having some trouble setting up my ati dual head to work properly with different resolutions on the screens, still does'nt work as i want it to.
    Another thing that irritates me is the gui-perfomance, resizing windows is slow, firefox is worst.

Now using windows makes me feel sick, the fonts are so ugly, in ubuntu the font rendering is awesome.

Can't wait til dapper final is out!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I am Windows free at home, but I have to use Windows for work. I love Macs and Mac OSX, so I doubt I'll ever totally use Ubuntu. However I have Ubuntu on my other four computers.

Beans
    Hidden!

itunes is the only reason why i still have a windows xp box. it would be the best day of my life if apple decided to port itunes to the linux plattform.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I moved completely today and formatted my XP partition.

My other half keeps complaining that her windows explorer in XP keeps crashing when she tries to browse files.... I put an ubuntu cd on her desk and said nothing lol

Beans

I just switched to ubuntu on my laptop maybe 2 weeks ago. I've had a lot of fun learning to use linux, and now that I've actually done it I wish I had switched a long time ago. However, I still have win98 on our desktop and my wife has win2k on her laptop. I keep win98 because winxp thinks it knows exactly what I want and automatically does it. Win98 is much less automated, and I'd like to keep windows on one machine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by outoforder
    itunes is the only reason why i still have a windows xp box. it would be the best day of my life if apple decided to port itunes to the linux plattform.

You know that crossover office has a piece of software that lets iTunes run on a linux box right?

Beans
    Hidden!

I had completely switched for a while a couple years ago... I had my main pc dual booting but for a while I wasn't ever using Windows and I was using arch linux solely on my old p2 laptop. I've gone through a few systems since then and run into hardware issues so I havn't used linux in sometime but I just put a box together which I've 'switched' to linux and if I can get my ATI drivers working on my laptop I'll dual boot and use linux most of the time.

Beans

i am currently using win xp 4 compatability (DO NOT LECTURE ME ON WINE) but i plan to completely switch to ubuntu within a week

Page 103 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203603 ... LastLast