Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft has no shame? (shills)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Microsoft has no shame? (shills)

Reading reddit today, I come across this reddit user who is apparently a Microsoft shill. I honestly can't think of any other explanation except that Microsoft is paying him/her: this user posts lots of comments, all are pro-Microsoft, and every single one of Microsoft's products gets praised at every opportunity. He/she also puts down all competing products, and has apparently no opinions about any other topic than areas in which Microsoft competes (it's nice that you can see all past comments).

I've seen XBOX fanboys and Windows fanboys, so I don't automatically assume anyone who likes a Microsoft product is a shill. But all of their products? Windows, IE, SQL Server, Silverlight, IIS, etc. etc.?

Has Microsoft no shame? This is, frankly, pretty disgraceful. I hope I'm wrong here, perhaps someone can explain this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Microsoft has no shame? (shills)

how much are they offering cause i will gladly do this, i have no conscience

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by bufsabre666 View Post
    lol!
    my JAMENDO * The XY sex-determination system is the sex-determination system found in humans and Z was my donor! * Tarot and Poya Sutra | * # 12755

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

im not discriminent, any company that wants to pay, ill say how great hasbro toys with the lead paint are if the price is right

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

I would guess it is more than gold-farming on WoW, since a good shill needs to know something about the products, well enough to repeat whatever it says in the sales brochures. But how much more, no idea.

Actually it might be a lot more since it also needs to buy the silence of the shill, or else they can sell their story to some tech news site.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

that was a cool one
    The limits of my language mean the limits of my world

Beans

Why call them shills? Why not just call it what it is: being a tool.
    The views expressed in this post belong to Tristam Green and do not represent the views of any other entity, foreign or domestic, as long as you both shall live, Amen.
    OMG! Cheesecake! | Fuduntu - catch the fever!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

It's a job like any other.
    +Solace @DeviantArt | Awesome Guide | Beginners Team Member
    Canadian Forces 2007-present

Beans

Sure, but as mentioned previously, so is gold-farming in World of Warcraft or any other MMO. That doesn't mean it is right to do so.

This slightly reeks of a kind of bait-and-switch.

Car salesman to customer: Hey sonny, how about this 1974 Ford Pinto? Primo automobile right there....
    Customer: I don't know, I kinda wanted to look at an AMC Matador.
    "Customer": You don't want a Matador! Real men drive Fords! I have it on good authority that AMC autos are made in Soviet Russia!
    Customer: Oh, well if you put it that way, I'll take the Pinto. What can go wrong with American Engineering?
    The views expressed in this post belong to Tristam Green and do not represent the views of any other entity, foreign or domestic, as long as you both shall live, Amen.
    OMG! Cheesecake! | Fuduntu - catch the fever!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Tristam Green View Post
    Sure, but as mentioned previously, so is gold-farming in World of Warcraft or any other MMO. That doesn't mean it is right to do so.

This slightly reeks of a kind of bait-and-switch.

Car salesman to customer: Hey sonny, how about this 1974 Ford Pinto? Primo automobile right there....
    Customer: I don't know, I kinda wanted to look at an AMC Matador.
    "Customer": You don't want a Matador! Real men drive Fords! I have it on good authority that AMC autos are made in Soviet Russia!
    Customer: Oh, well if you put it that way, I'll take the Pinto. What can go wrong with American Engineering?
    That's not bait and switch at all.
    +Solace @DeviantArt | Awesome Guide | Beginners Team Member
    Canadian Forces 2007-present

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast