Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feb. 2008 - show off your desktop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Talking Re: Feb. 2008 - show off your desktop

Here's mine for what it is worth...

[IMG]http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6575/screenshot19r.png

Why do I like it? With minimal customisation, I have a desktop that fits in much better with the default brown Human Theme.

FYI
    Background = Manti Utah Temple (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)
    - Top Panel: 34 pixels; Added Force Quit; Connect to Server (for FTP, etch); Weather Report (more functional than the Clock weather)
    - Bottom Panel: Removed and replaced with Cairo-Dock (Curve) + Desktop Switcher + custom launchers as seen. Also has a the weather applet (I like to know my weather).
    - Other stuff (not seen in the pic): Compiz Fusion + Emerald added. Also, (just a little quirky thing) the terminal has a nice translucent brown background with white font. Firefox has the Persona "A Web Browser Renaissance", which is a nice brown FF persona. Also the ugly gray window background was replaced with #F6EAD8 (goes much better with the Human theme brown).
    Last edited by overdrank; December 31st, 2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: please use thumbnails

Beans

Re: Feb. 2008 - show off your desktop

and here's mine...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Nice dude, what theme are you using to get that blue-to-white effect on the windows?

Beans

This is my desktop, using Compiz Fusion, Emerald Theme Manager, and Screenlets.

[IMG]http://other.parahelix.org/danny_ubuntu.png
    Last edited by overdrank; December 31st, 2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: please use thumbnails

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123