Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Joystick in WINE -0.9.54

Beans

Question No Joystick in WINE -0.9.54

I installed WINE at version 0.9.52 and have been getting updates since. I installed FSO2 and the game works except for no Joystick. I have a Logitech X3D that calibrates fine in Ubuntu v7.10, but wine does not see it. There is no registry for directinput under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, Wine.

How do I get wine properly setup to use a joystick?

Ubuntu v7.10_64bit, 2GB 800Mhz, 160GB HD SATAII, Nivida GeForce 7900GS KO OC, WINE 0.9.54., INTEL Duo Core E6300.

I have searched Ubuntu Forums, WINEHQ, WINE Forums, Google Search. It seems very few people have this problem or not that many are playing games under WINE with a joystick.

Please let me know if I need to attach a file and how to get it, like regedit.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: No Joystick in WINE -0.9.54

There are reg entries you can make for Joysticks:
    http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys

Found via: http://gaming.gwos.org/doku.php/wine:winestuff which was found via: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=497332

HKey_Current_User>Software>Wine>
    Code:
          +-DirectInput
          |  |
          |  +->*<joystick name> = <axes mapping>
          |      [Linux only (js* devices). This maps axis of joystick "joystick name".  The "axes mapping" is comma
          |       separated list of "axes type"s - one for each joystick axes (hat-pov uses 2 axis).
          |       "axes type" is one of: X, Y, Z, Rx, Ry, Rz, Slider1, Slider2, POV1, POV2, POV3, POV4.
          |       To find the joystick name run 'WINEDEBUG=+dinput wine program.exe 2>&1 | grep joydev_enum_device'
          |       Example: "Logitech Logitech Dual Action"="X,Y,Rz,Slider1,POV1". (two "Logitech" is not a typo)]
    Not sure this is what you need however I think it may be a start. Best of luck!
    ]

Beans

I found that entry and tried running WINEDEBUG as stated, but it returned nothing. Still at a loss.

Thank you for your comment and suggestion.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

You might have been too literal with the instructions...

Code:
    WINEDEBUG=+dinput wine program.exe 2>&1 | grep joydev_enum_device
    Where program.exe should be the name of the application you are trying to use a joystick with...

Say something like X-wing vs. Tie Fighter (only think I can think of right now that use a joystick) and say the name of the game exe is XwTf.exe

It'd look something like:

Code:
    WINEDEBUG=+dinput wine XwTf.exe 2>&1 | grep joydev_enum_device
    Is your joystick Analog or USB btw? There may be other resources you could look into. Try searching for USB Joystick or Analog Joystick here on the forums... you might find something, even if it is old and crusty, there are many truths to it.

Hope this helps.
    ]

Beans

I tried:
    WINEDEBUG=+dinput wine FreeSpace2.exe 2>&1 | grep joydev_enum_device
    I got the same results. No output.
    It is a USB Joystick.
    @UBUNTU:~$ sudo lsusb -v | grep Logitech

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 046d:c215 Logitech, Inc.
    idVendor 0x046d Logitech, Inc.
    iManufacturer 1 Logitech
    iProduct 2 Logitech Extreme 3D
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 046d:092e Logitech, Inc.
    idVendor 0x046d Logitech, Inc.
    It is the Logitech Extreme 3D. The other is the mouse.

If someone else was using a joystick and provided me an example of the registry setting, I might could get it to work. I also would think there should be someway to load the directinput driver in WINE and auto detect the joystick much in the same as audio, mouse, video etc.

Again I thank you for your assistance.

Beans

I managed to get the following output from WINEDEBUG. The wine config does show it detects a joystick.

@UBUNTU:~$ WINEDEBUG=+dinput wine c:\\"Program Files"\\Freespace\\FreeSpace2.exe 2>&1
    fixme:spoolsv:serv_main (0 (nil))
    err:advapi:service_get_status service protocol error - failed to read pipe r = 0 count = 0!
    trace:dinputirectInputCreateEx (0x400000,0500,{9a4cb684-236d-11d3-8e9d-00c04f6844ae},0x349bb0,(nil))
    trace:dinput:check_hook_thread IDirectInputs left: 1
    trace:dinput:IDirectInputAImpl_QueryInterface (0x14e840)->({9a4cb684-236d-11d3-8e9d-00c04f6844ae},0x349bb0)
    trace:dinput:IDirectInputAImpl_AddRef (0x14e840) incrementing from 0
    trace:dinput:IDirectInputAImpl_EnumDevices (this=0x14e840,0x0004 'DIDEVTYPE_JOYSTICK',0x4144f0,0x349bb4,0000)
    trace:dinput:_dump_EnumDevices_dwFlags flags: DIEDFL_ALLDEVICES - checking device 0 ('Wine mouse driver')
    trace:dinput:IDirectInputAImpl_EnumDevices - checking device 1 ('Wine keyboard driver')
    trace:dinput:IDirectInputAImpl_EnumDevices - checking device 2 ('Wine Linux-input joystick driver')
    trace:dinput:IDirectInputAImpl_EnumDevices - checking device 3 ('Wine Linux joystick driver')
    trace:dinput:joydev_enum_deviceA Enumerating the linux Joystick device: /dev/input/js0 (Logitech Logitech Extreme 3D)
    trace:dinput:IDirectInputAImpl_EnumDevices - checking device 3 ('Wine Linux joystick driver')
    trace:dinput:IDirectInputAImpl_Release (0x14e840) releasing from 1
    trace:dinput:check_hook_thread IDirectInputs left: 0
    trace:dinput:hook_thread_proc Processing hook change notification lp:0
    trace:dinputirectInputCreateEx (0x400000,0500,{9a4cb684-236d-11d3-8e9d-00c04f6844ae},0x34bbc0,(nil))
    trace:dinput:check_hook_thread IDirectInputs left: 1
    trace:dinput:IDirectInputAImpl_QueryInterface (0x14edf8)->({9a4cb684-236d-11d3-8e9d-00c04f6844ae},0x34bbc0)
    trace:dinput:IDirectInputAImpl_AddRef (0x14edf8) incrementing from 0
    trace:dinput:IDirectInputAImpl_EnumDevices (this=0x14edf8,0x0004 'DIDEVTYPE_JOYSTICK',0x4144f0,0x34bbc4,0000)
    trace:dinput:_dump_EnumDevices_dwFlags flags: DIEDFL_ALLDEVICES - checking device 0 ('Wine mouse driver')
    trace:dinput:IDirectInputAImpl_EnumDevices - checking device 1 ('Wine keyboard driver')
    trace:dinput:IDirectInputAImpl_EnumDevices - checking device 2 ('Wine Linux-input joystick driver')
    trace:dinput:joydev_enum_deviceA Enumerating the linux Joystick device: /dev/input/js0 (Logitech Logitech Extreme 3D)
    trace:dinput:IDirectInputAImpl_Release (0x14edf8) releasing from 1
    trace:dinput:check_hook_thread IDirectInputs left: 0
    trace:dinput:hook_thread_proc Processing hook change notification lp:0
    fixme:winmm:MMDRV_Exit Closing while ll-driver open
    fixme:winmm:MMDRV_Exit Closing while ll-driver open
    pmcdade@UBUNTU:~$ fixme:heap:RtlCompactHeap (0x1150000, 0x1) stub
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32eb94,0x00000000), stub!
    err:d3d7:IDirect3DDeviceImpl_2_GetRenderState Unexpected texture stage state setup, returning D3DTBLEND_MODULATE - likely erroneous
    fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsA (0x34c704,0x34c638,0x34c630),stub!
    fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsA RAS support is not implemented! Configure program to use LAN connection/winsock instead!

The game actually sees the joystick, but won't let me bind any buttons or throttle and does not work in the game.

Beans

I'm hijacking this thread.

pm124493: Does your Logitech Extreme 3D Pro work out of the box with native Linux games and which version of Ubuntu are you running? Thanks!

Beans

I loaded flight gear and the joystick works fine including the view POV and throttle.
    I am running Ubuntu v7.10 x64.

I believe my problem is that there is no DirectInput in the WINE configuration. I ran regedit and I can not see DirectInput under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine.

If I new what to add there, I maybe able to get it to work.

Thanks.

Beans

Great to hear that it works with native games!
    I'll buy one in about 3 weeks, I might be able to help you then.

Bye

Beans

I'm trying to make RealFlight G3.5 run and have not had much luck. This is a Radio Control flight simulator that comes with its own joystick that replicates the shape and functions of an actual radio control transmitter (in fact is manufactured by a popular R/C equipment brand)

The controller is plugged in a USB port and is recognized perfectly by jscalibrator. It even works with other native Linux games.

However ... the game installs fine and the launcher shows all the same options than in Windows XP. However, selecting the "Launch RealFlight" button shows the splash screen and then the program displays a dialog box saying that it is not able to find the controller.

In my case, running

WINEDEBUG=+dinput wine "C:\Archivos de programa\Archivos comunes\KnifeEdge\Launcher.exe" REALFLIGHT3

Does not display the dinput messages, what I'm doing wrong?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast