Thread: MSI Media Live - IR reception

Beans

MSI Media Live - IR reception

I've got an odd issue with my frontend. My remote works fine as long as I am close to the box. Once I move more than 8 feet or so away from the box, it stops responding. The odd thing is that a little LED on the VFD lights up when I push buttons on my remote, so I know the computer is receiving something. Also, I've tried the MCE remote that came with the box and my Harmony and have similar results for each, so I don't think it is the remote itself. The front end sits on top of my receiver and my cable co STB is on top of it and they both have no reception problems, so I think I can rule out interference.

Does anyone have any other ideas? I was wondering if there were some way to configure the sensitivity of LIRC, since it does seem like something is being received. What about a magnifying glass or something? I'm running out of ideas!

Thanks!

Beans

Re: MSI Media Live - IR reception

Just to update this in case anyone else stumbles upon it. I finally gave up and bought a USB IR receiver. Very happy now.

One other interesting thing that I discovered the other day. I muted my receiver and found that sound was coming out of the TV which means that audio is working over HDMI.

Beans

Which USB IR receiver did you go with? Were you able or did you try to mount it internally? I love the media live, but the poor ir is killing me.

Beans

I just used the Microsoft one. Didn't bother with trying to mount it or anything. I was a bit concerned that lirc would get confused with two receivers but it hasn't been a problem. Works perfectly.