Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: humax pvr9200t file transfer ubuntu 7.10

Beans

humax pvr9200t file transfer ubuntu 7.10

i have struggled with this problem for months now. it has been the only reason i ever boot to windows, but finally after gathering data and advice from various sources i got it working under ubuntu 7.10. see attachment

This is how i did it:

1. install libqt4-dev, libusb-dev and build-essential in synaptic package manager
    2. download and extract source code from http://www.andrewdsmith.plus.com/hummy/
    3. Open terminal and navigate to the extracted humax directory.
    4. Run "qmake-qt4 humaxGui.pro" ( ubuntu 7.10)
    5. Run "make".
    6. Run sudo /wherever the humax folder is/humax/humaxGui to open software as root
    7. Connect USB cable between PC and PVR.
    8. click connect on software
    9. hopefully your all done

I am by no means an expert at linux or the command shell. I have spent months trawling various forums to get this working. all i have done is listed the steps i took. if these do not work for you then sorry i probably cannot help,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: humax pvr9200t file transfer ubuntu 7.10

Wow well done. I've just been lent a Humax box and reading through other forums on the Humax/Linux issue I came to the conclusion that this wasn't possible. Might give this a go. Thanks very much.
    Athlon 3500+, 1Gb ram, Geforce 6200TC, Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMG-9-RH

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I got humaxgui connected to my humax pvr9200t, when using sudo as mentioned in first message. But What I don't see, is any saved programs on my humax box. So do you have any idea what could cause this, and what would be the solution?

PS. What would be best solution to try to get humaxgui working when using as user, not with sudo?
    Linux: Be root
    Windows: Reboot

Beans

are you definatly viewing D2: drive on humax D1: shows music etc and is usually blank.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I have tried both, first it was D2 by default and it seemed to be empty. Tested it again and yeah, D2 seems as empty. It connect ok though and shows Serial number etc. of the humax box.
    Linux: Be root
    Windows: Reboot

Beans

I have the same problem with the client not correctly parsing data from the Hummy.

Turning the debugging on I can see data relating to recorded programmes being received by the client but its not parsing them correctly.

I have a TS model - don't know if a firmware change may have broken something. Device information seems to mostly work although the recording status is intermittent.

Nick

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo54321 View Post
    i have struggled with this problem for months now. it has been the only reason i ever boot to windows, but finally after gathering data and advice from various sources i got it working under ubuntu 7.10. see attachment

This is how i did it: (snip)
    I struggled for about half an hour and found your post, which worked. (on Hardy, so it is still working) Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Hi, I am trying this on Ibex (8.10) and can get as far as loading the software and running the humaxGui by clicking on the icon in a File Browser window. When I click the 'connect' icon, it tells me that it 'Failed to connect to the device'. I'm unable to run the program from the terminal with sudo as it tells me to in the first post. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Well I've now got the program running so all is well there, but I can't see any file on the Humax now, similar to the post above. I can connect and change between D1 and D2 but see no files. In the status window I get:

Connected.

HUMAX Co., Ltd.

HUMAX PVR Mass Storage (V1.0)

Serial No :534A1E013031

Any clues?

Beans

the link to sourcre code appears to be wrong on web site above the link is http://www.andrewdsmith.plus.com/hum....00.src.tar.gz
    for stable v1.00

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast