Thread: lincity-ng help (noob)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

lincity-ng help (noob)

I recently downloaded and start playing Lincity-ng. I tried to switching it from full screen to a window. The problem, the menu options are now below the bottom of the screen on my Acer aspire one netbook. the solution is to switch back to full screen, but the options menu is also beneath the bottom of the screen! I am something of a light weight when it comes to computers, especially games. I can't resize the window, or get it to move up. Any other suggestions. Screen shot is attached. I am running 10.04 on an Acer Aspire one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: lincity-ng help (noob)

I havn't got this game installed but usually in options if you set to a lower screen size this should help, but if you can't set any lower maybe below link will help you out.
    http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/11/s...d-with-newrez/

Beans
    Distro

I am sorry, but that didn't work either. It's not the screen size or resolution, but the size of the game window. Is there anyway to change that?

I have also tried to un-install and then re-install the program, but it saved the settings, so that didn't help

Part of me says I should just give up. It's just a game and it's probably a time waster at that. However I have had this problem before (mostly on games) and I want to know how to fix it. I am stubborn that way. !
    Last edited by Rachel_Eliason; November 26th, 2010 at 11:17 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Ok, so what I have done to get Lincity-ng to work on my netbook is to open a terminal, which you can find through Applications --> Accessories --> Terminal, and type in
    Code:
    lincity-ng -f -S 1024x600
    Afterwards, you can just open up lincity-ng from the menu and it should work in fullscreen. But from my experience, lincity-ng has been slow on my netbook, so I use the simpler lincity, which although is older, uses a lot less graphics, and is subsequently faster. I hope this helps to solve your problem.

Beans
    Distro

That worked! thanks a lot. I will try to remember that trick for the next time a game gives me problems.

Beans

That link i posted would of helped you, but if you have any problems with a game not supporting your netbook screen-size that link is worth a look. Here it is again for future reference.
    http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/11/s...d-with-newrez/
    Last edited by Rustybolts; November 28th, 2010 at 11:23 PM.