Thread: pvr-500 mythtv guide

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

pvr-500 mythtv guide

If someone could post a really good step by step guide to setup a pvr-500 mythtv box that would be great. i have it setup right now but not in that great of condition and i want to make a backend machine so if i could get i really simple easy to follow guide on pvr-500 that would be great

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: pvr-500 mythtv guide

plz? anyone?

Beans

I have a pvr-500, but I don't know of a guide specific to just that. Honestly, the pvr-500 was about the easiest part, and pretty much just worked for me (its pretty standard). Your other hardware could cause more difficulty. Making a exact step by step guide is pretty hard I would think because everyone has different hardware

You say you have it setup, but not in great condition. What exactly is giving you trouble? You might get more responses with a specific question or details about your other hardware. I am reasonably new here, but I'll try to respond (I have a pvr-500 and have been working through a test install - its working pretty nicely now).

Kawayanan

Beans

I have to second Kawayanan, please post more info. Especially if you are using any other tuner cards.

I have a PVR-500 and it, finally, works great. But I had an issue with my Avermedia card. It kept trying to load between the two PVR-500 tuners, and it kept messing up what was routed to what video device.

Otherwise, it's a pretty straightforward install. Take a look at this page, which I'm sure has more info than you are looking for:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_PVR-500

More directly, it links to screen shots of the PVR-500 here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98068939@N00/tags/mythtv/

These are from the Netherlands, but get the point across.

If that doesn't help, come on back with the added info and we'll get you through it.

Anthony