Thread: Can't Connect to Battlenet

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Can't Connect to Battlenet

When i play warcraft, I can't seem to connect to battlenet. I'm using wine. Do i need to tell wine where my internet is or something?

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Chinese Water Torture > Macintosh

Beans

Re: Can't Connect to Battlenet

I'm pretty sure what I did to fix this was go to http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/archive/index.html and downloaded 0.9.45 i386. That worked for me, and then after a few days I used the update manager to update to the newest version of wine, and it still works.

If you need any help past that, sorry, but I can't really help. Someone else did the rest for me.

Beans

Well, wine wersions from 0.9.46 to 0.9.49 wont work with warcraft and battle.net, just get a newer or older version and should work.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Question Re: Can't Connect to Battlenet

Quote Originally Posted by janfsd View Post
    Well, wine wersions from 0.9.46 to 0.9.49 wont work with warcraft and battle.net, just get a newer or older version and should work.
    Wine version 0.9.59 (which I run) can't neither connect to battle.net in Frozen Throne.? Steam and D2 LOD works fine, so I would be really sad to downgrade my wine version. Is there anyway to have 2 wine version installed seperate places on my comp?

Beans

Yes, you can have several versions installed without problems if you install "playonlinux" http://www.playonlinux.com/en/ and tell it to install an older version of wine, install your game, then specify on the game that you want it to use an older version.

Beans

That wine version should connect without problems to battle.net, maybe it's another problem, maybe the server is offline, who knows.