Thread: teamspeak muted speakers and mic

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

teamspeak muted speakers and mic

I just installed teamspeak on 7.10, and I can not unmute my mic or sound. I've searched the forums, and someone had the same problem, they solved it by un-installing pulseAudio, but I never had that. What else could be interfering with my sound?
    The box said that I needed to have Windows 98 or better... so I installed Linux
    Need help with shell commands? click
    Need MORE help with shell commands? advanced click

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: teamspeak muted speakers and mic

I think that the problem is that my sound input seems to be through Control1 instead of Control0, but teamspeak is trying to default through it anyway. I don't know how to fix this though...

I know the mic is good because I used it to record some stuff with audacity
    Last edited by Tyke91; January 4th, 2008 at 11:37 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

hmm... still haven't solved it yet.

Beans

i'm having the same problems with Teamspeak 2 on 7.10.

I have the mic working fine in skype but i don't know how to get ti to work in teamspeak.

Beans

oh yeah i forgot to mention that i can't hear the others in the room either, even though there is a green light by my name.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

mine was working and now its not. it must be an update I ran.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I've solved my original issue with not beeing able to speak

HeinekenPissr: I could only hear the other people in the room but could not speak.

About "i can't hear the others in the room either, even though there is a green light by my name."
    The green light means that you are currently speaking. I hear by green lights popping up by other members.

So it's natural you don't hear anything when your green light is on. When other's green lights are on, then you should hear what they say.

Now about my issue which I specify in the title as solved: I couldn't speak and I went to the menu Settings->Options->"Sound and Options" tab->It was originally selected as "Default (oss /dev/dsp)". I let it be that way, but for those settings to work I need to install alsa-oss through synaptic.

I think the key was to install the package alsa-oss through synaptic, since it's the default sound device. (and it's logical that it doesn't work in the beginning if it isn't even installed)

Beans

well i do have alsa-oss installed already but when i try to switch over to oss it shows that i am muted in the chatroom and i can't unmute myself in the teamspeak program.

When i use ALSA the green light is constantly on in the chat room and i see others with green lights consistently on as well. However i can hear nothing and they can't hear me.

I don't know what is wrong with it. Everything works fine in skype so i don't think it's my ubuntu settings. I've noticed lots of threads with this problem and no one really seems to have an answer.

<-- getting pretty frustrated at this point

Beans

im having the same problem, but im using 8.04 64bit