Thread: Command & Conquer 3 run problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Command & Conquer 3 run problems

Hello, I was trying to run Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars through Wine and was having trouble.

I installed it, dropped in the right DLLs according to the Wine website, applied a patch, and put in a no-cd crack.

At first when I would try to run it, it would give me some security module missing error. After looking in the Wine comments and bugs, I added the registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\MountedDevices

because the error seemed similar to mine. Well, the security module error didn't pop up but the splash screen just hangs and the game never opens.

Can anyone help me with this?

P.S. One thing I am not sure I did right is that the website said to kill all desktop managers. I didn't know what that meant so I just disabled all desktop effects and killed the compiz process.
    EVGA 680i SE(TR)
    Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.2GHz
    2Gb OCZ DDR2 RAM
    256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Command & Conquer 3 run problems

No help for C&C3?
    EVGA 680i SE(TR)
    2Gb OCZ DDR2 RAM

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

i'm betting your problem stems from the crack. remove the game and reinstall it and don't apply a crack, but enter the MountedDevices fix and leave your dvd in the drive.

i have the game running fine on wine without a crack using the 0.9.49 cursor patch since 0.9.51 & 52 don't display my cursor.

i did try a crack for the game after i first installed it and patched and it caused me problems.

cameran

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Eh, if that's the case it probably won't work since this is a copy of my brother's disc. Oh well, I guess I will have to either stick to xbox or dual boot.
    EVGA 680i SE(TR)
    2Gb OCZ DDR2 RAM

Beans

what friggin cursor patch is this. where are these supposed lists of dll's to drop and where do i drop them... i cant find any of this on the CnC 3 page on the winehq site

for the record i am geting a fatal error string manager not loading error. i cant even install the 1.9 patch because it gives me the same error. i installed it from a dvd image moutned using the mount command in the cli

update. i got the latest wine update and not getting the string error anymore. now i am getting a no aspi layer found error. alright managed to get all that running with the nocd crack and patches installed yayme. now i cant register for an online account though
    Last edited by yowshi; February 22nd, 2008 at 06:42 AM.