Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's never used Windows on their computer?

Beans

Who's never used Windows on their computer?

I'm proud to say I've Never used Microsoft window on any computer that Ive owned, and the most I've ever done with Windows is browse the web from someone else's comptuter.

On the other hand I've seen alot of posters who write from the point odf view that assumes that everyone using LInux swtched from windows, and that pisses me off. SO I decided to create this thread and see how many people will go on the record as "Windows Virgins", who don't use Windows as the frame of reference for everything.
    iMac 27" running Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and Ubuntu 12.4 (Precise Pangolin)
    iMac G4 running Mac OSX 10.04 (Tiger)
    HP Pavillion running Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron)
    Mac Expert, Linux User, Windows Virgin

nikoPSK is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Who's never used Windows on their computer?

it doesn't really matter. I have had windows and linux on at all times (up till 4 months ago) using vmware... so ya.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Cool Re: Who's never used Windows on their computer?

My 22 yr old daughter has never owned a PC with windows on it. when we did hers, we installed PC Linux OS. Her choice. We had 2000 Pro and XP Pro to choose from at the time, also.

She now prefers PC Linux OS over Ubuntu.

I have never had Windows installed on my laptop. first for me, I guess.

BTW - there is no installed windows in our home.
    If at first you don't succeed - just buy the company and tell them to make the one you want.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Proof that people only say Windows is better/easier because of their conditioning. They're used to Windows, and some cynics aren't willing to give Linux a shot, or when they do, they're of such a negative opinion that they find reasons to say it sucks.

-grubby is offline May the Ubuntu Be With You!
    Beans
    Hidden!

well most people assume that they come from windows because most users do, and it's not like it's a crime to use windows.
    Last edited by -grubby; January 1st, 2008 at 04:42 AM.

I have one I built that never will have Windows on it. Two others have had Windows written over in favor of GNU/Linux.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

My seven year old niece who only uses the computer to go to webkinz.com managed to figure out how to go to my Ubuntu computer, start firefox, and browse to that site. I asked her if she thought anything was different on the computer, and she said "NO".

I later showed her the compiz cube and multiple desktops. She thought that was very cool. She later went to my Windows Vista Computer and asked me to do the cube thing. I told her I couldnt since the OS was different. She had no idea what I was talking about. All I know is that she went back to the Ubuntu laptop to show her friend the "cube".

Its funny how kids interact with computers. They dont seem to be bothered by change since they have no reference to compare.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Nope! I bought this computer with Ubuntu and my dad is planning to do the same.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

This system and hard drive here, has never seen the likes of Windows
    Of course, my old system came preinstalled with it, but I don't buy computers anymore.... I make them

Dr small
    "Security lies within the user of who runs the system. Think smart, live safe." - Dr Small
    Linux User #441960 | Wiki: DrSmall

Beans

on my current computer, no I haven't.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast