Page 20 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2008 Desktops (Safe for work ONLY) - Please include theme details.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: January 2008 Desktops (Safe for work ONLY) - Please include theme details.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    what i like most about that screenshot is the firefox theme. I've always had the problem in wmii, that most gtk applications stick out like a sore thumb in what is supposed to be a minimalistic environment. but that firefox theme makes it look like it fits; the same way minimalistic xorg applications like xclock fit perfectly fine in wmii.
    it's the default theme, so it's picking up the gtk theme i'm using (nova-gold).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by Hells_Dark View Post
    Sorry, bad link. Here it is :
    Can you link us to the ubuntu menu icon please.
    ARCH64+XMonad | Ubuntu32 Natty | Configs | Webs | Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Not real sure about this, so I'm mainly post it to see if anyone had any suggestions. The main difficulty was getting Conky to be visible without being garish. In it's present state, it seems to be sort of a compromise between the two.

Thoughts and/or RGB codes are welcome.

EDIT: New shot, fixing the Conky rendering delay.

EDIT part deux: New shots, in response to comments.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by p_quarles; January 5th, 2008 at 06:44 AM.
    I am aware of all internet traditions. | Getting the best help | Text formatting codes | My last.fm profile
    Should I PM support questions? NO!

Beans

Themes:

Emerald:
    Eternal Platnum

GTK:
    T-ish Brushed Aqua Style

Wallpaper:
    Companion Cube + graffiti produce by those clever photo shopers over at something awful.

Icons:
    Gnome-Look OSX

Programs:
    Screenlets
    Amarok
    Gkrellm
    And a very minimalist Xfce desktop.
    UbuntuBeginnersTeam
    Feel free to PM or IM me if you have any other questions, I'm here to help
    Where are all your files hiding? Look Here

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by p_quarles View Post
    Not real sure about this, so I'm mainly post it to see if anyone had any suggestions. The main difficulty was getting Conky to be visible without being garish. In it's present state, it seems to be sort of a compromise between the two.

Can't go wrong with something in the range of gray50 to gray75.

Beans

I like the look you have achieved , ..nice..

I see that the Conky display seems a little hard to read (maybe it is clearer on your screen than it is in the SS?)

All I can suggest regarding the Conky On Screen Display, is to change the color of the txt to maybe ..grey? or somthing like that?.
    Using Gimp to pick a colour that matches your Desktop is what I would suggest (< I assume you know what I mean by this?) i.e: Use the "Color Picker" in Gimp to get a Color Code #xxxxx from your "desktop background" then apply it in your .conkyrc File
    Last edited by Caffeine_Junky; January 5th, 2008 at 06:40 AM.
    Other OS: WinXP | Xubuntu 7.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by yabbadabbadont View Post
    Can't go wrong with something in the range of gray50 to gray75.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine_Junky View Post
    I like the look you have achieved , ..nice..

I see that the Conky display seems a little hard to read (maybe it is clearer on your screen than it is in the SS?)

All I can suggest regarding the Conky On Screen Display, is to change the color of the txt to maybe ..grey? or somthing like that?.
    Using Gimp to pick a colour that matches your Desktop is what I would suggest (< I assume you know what I mean by this?) i.e: Use the "Color Picker" in Gimp to get a Color Code #xxxxx from your "desktop background" then apply it in your .conkyrc File
    Thanks for the responses, guys. I decided I needed to change the Conky font, first, and have now replaced the old ss with two (one with the old color, the other with the dark grey you both suggested). I'll continue to tweak it, though -- transparency's tough.

Btw, I've been using Agave, a standalone color-wheel/color-matching app -- much lighter than loading than GIMP just for the color wheel.
    I am aware of all internet traditions. | Getting the best help | Text formatting codes | My last.fm profile

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Thanks for the responses, guys. I decided I needed to change the Conky font, first, and have now replaced the old ss with two (one with the old color, the other with the dark grey you both suggested). I'll continue to tweak it, though -- transparency's tough.

Btw, I've been using Agave, a standalone color-wheel/color-matching app -- much lighter than loading than GIMP just for the color wheel.
    Tsk, tsk. I suggested a medium to light gray.

fedex1993 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

OKay my current laptop janurary desktop screenshot. I am probley going to work on a new theme later since i find out how to use gnome properly so i can make some pixmaps and what not.
    WP:From deviant
    OBTHEME:Fear

umm tell me if i am missing anything i am looking to add some new stuff to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by yabbadabbadont View Post
    Tsk, tsk. I suggested a medium to light gray.
    Yes, but that would be washed out by the light-blue-tending-to-greyish wallpaper.

That's the problem with the kind of question I asked, of course: the brightness/contrast/gamma on our respective monitors makes it impossible for us to see the same thing.

Page 20 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast