Thread: Fujifilm's Cameras

Iandefor is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!

Fujifilm's Cameras

I'm considering buying a digital camera. One of the more appealing (spec-wise and review-wise) is a Fujifilm camera.

However, a friend of mine warned me away from Fujifilm cameras, saying that their cameras had a reputation of breaking down too easily.

Does anybody have any input on the general quality of Fujifilm's cameras? It looks like a decent camera but I don't want to invest money into something that's liable to break easily.
    Last edited by Iandefor; December 29th, 2007 at 05:05 AM.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Fujifilm's Cameras

I had a Fujifilm camera a long time ago. It died after my boat flipped in a swamp in the Everglades. It actually worked for a short while after it dried out. Then again, that would kill most cameras.

My personal recommendation is be wary of any camera that has a leaf lens cover as opposed to a hard shell or cap that moves over the lens when the camera is off. Especially if you have children about. Leafs get bent easily.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Fujifilm's Cameras

I have a fujifilm "FinePix M603" digital camera that is about 3 years old, and it's great - it talks to linux as a mass storage device as well, so when I plug it in, the pics just show up on the desktop.
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most " -- Ozzy Osbourne