Thread: Attn: Metalheads

Beans

Attn: Metalheads

I need some help. I posted a thread over in the Absolute Beginners area about sound cards. I am very particular about my sound. Then it dawned on me that maybe I don't have the settings right on my equalizer etc.

I listen to primarily metal. All genres from traditional, power, black, death. Even some glam and hard rock such as Aerosmith, and KISS.

I have a really good sound card for my windows installation but it isn't supported in Linux. Unfortunately, at this time I am using on-board sound for Linux. It's not bad but not great.

Most of the time I have to listen through Bose In Ear phones. (although I will be in the market for actual headphones in January). I am using Amarok for a media player for my CD's and ripped CD's, which are in FLAC. I have a few MP3's around on my disc.

When I watch Videos (I have a pretty good library of music DVD's I have my settings mostly on headphones.

I realize that this is a personal choice but I just can't seem to get things to sound just right. Any suggestions on settings or what I can try for a better experience.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Attn: Metalheads

not sure if you have tried exaile. i love this program and the gutsy version in the repos has an excellent equalizer. it has some nice presets but is easily adjustable. i actually ran across this program cuz i am nuts about having my equalizer and there was a lack of music programs in linux with equalizers. the equalizer was added recently to the development of this program but it works awsomely.
    if ignorance is bliss, where are all the happy people
    Jeremy

Beans

Re: Attn: Metalheads

I've tried Exaile. May try it again, could give me fits with it's library feature though. Will just have to see.