Thread: Vista MCE Remote .10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Vista MCE Remote .10

I used the preloaded configuration and while it is functional, the buttons dont work perfectly. Does anyone have a .conf file that works perfect and tell me where it goes, or does anyone know where the conf file is located and can give me a quick explanation on how to program it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Vista MCE Remote .10

Quote Originally Posted by tj71587 View Post
    I used the preloaded configuration and while it is functional, the buttons dont work perfectly. Does anyone have a .conf file that works perfect and tell me where it goes, or does anyone know where the conf file is located and can give me a quick explanation on how to program it?
    There are two pertinent files you need know about however:

/etc/lirc/lircd.conf (Do not change this)
    ~/.lircrc

You can edit the second following the format. Basically you take the button name from the first and add it to the function in the second.

However as the maintainer of the mythbuntu-lircrc-generator, please provide more details to what is or is not working on your remote. I am in the middle of a upgrade to this application and need good user input to help me along.

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Vista MCE Remote .10

I dont see the second file there. There is no .lircrc in there. The numbers work well, however the volume and channel up and down dont work. Pause doesnt work either and the rewind and fast forward buttons skip to the beginning and end. Stop or record do not work either. Here is the remote. http://www.pcconnection.com/ProductD...ci_sku=8129757

Also, once I click one of the colored buttons on top, the remote stops working until I unplug or reboot.

Thanks for the help.