Morgan

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: #ubuntu-women?

Quote Originally Posted by geekchic9
    Maybe this was a bad idea?

Morgan

Indeed.
    I lost a "z". Anyone seen it around here?

Beans
    Hidden!

Debian-women, in my experience, are incredibly elitist (sorry if I'm offending anyone, I'm sure that's not the majority but a few more outspoken members).

Maybe they hate me because I'm a man.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by panickedthumb
    Debian-women, in my experience, are incredibly elitist (sorry if I'm offending anyone, I'm sure that's not the majority but a few more outspoken members).

Maybe they hate me because I'm a man.
    Hmm, I've been there for about a month, and I haven't seen any examples of elitism. Could you be more specific?

Also, if you'd noticed in your time in #debian-women, you're required to put your real name in your /whois function (I'm not sure what that's really called.) But anyway, if you look at them, you'd discover that several of the people in #debian-women are men. The men and women in that group get along splendidly. So, they can't possibly hate you because you're a man. More likely, you did something that did not jive with their policies, and that's what annoyed them about you.

Morgan

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

I think the idea of Ubuntu-women has merits certainly.

There is a large discord of individuals that think that women have no input when involved with IT related issues. I find this largely not the case however. So I find the concept sound.

however in accordance with Thumbs post, I do aggreee. There are a number of people that would troll in such a channel just looking to create trouble. However if the channel is moderated properly and policed properly It could be done , and successfully. So Morgan, dont tread down your idea of doing it, I think you should do it. Ill certainly back you. My wife would most likely do the same.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by KingBahamut
    I think the idea of Ubuntu-women has merits certainly.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by KingBahamut
    There are a number of people that would troll in such a channel just looking to create trouble.
    If we are to run away from trolls we will never be able to accomplish anything. It's a proven fact, no matter how good an idea is, there will always be people that will disagree and try to dismantle the work of the few "braves" just to try and make everyone think the way they do. If anything this should encourage the channel. We're not afraid of all the trolls are there, or are we? Like I said, if we are to run away from trolls, all forums, irc channels, Katrina/Iraq/fundraisers should be closed.

Morgan, rock on.-
    Sylvia: Look at what you've done to him!
    Christof: I have given Truman the chance to lead a normal life. The world, the place you live in, is the sick place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12