Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I install updates on a Mythbuntu system?

Beans

Re: Should I install updates on a Mythbuntu system?

Quote Originally Posted by michalikt View Post
    Exit the Mythbuntu frontend.
    Applications -> Settings -> Autostarted Applications
    Uncheck the Update Notifier.
    Excellent. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by michalikt View Post
    I let mine update the other day and now regret it. I have a PVR-150 with the IR receiver port and my remote no longer works. Hopefully, they will fix it in the next batch of updates and I'll get a functional remote again.

If anyone could point me to a fix in the meantime, I'd really appreciate it.

Ted
    I would start a new thread with this. You should also update your lirc button mapping by checking the box for that in mcc.
    Jj
    Registered Linux user #401472

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

There used to be lots of problems updating fedora because the ivtv drivers would bomb out on new kernels and lots of things had to be built and configured by hand. I've been running updated ubuntu on now mythbuntu on several machines for about a year now without ever running into a problem with updating. I think it depends on how close to stock your configuration is. Most of my hardware is well supported and I run a pretty clean simple configuration so I rarely see problems pop up and I often see improvements in updating. For instance the lirc-generator update a few weeks ago fixed several problems with the haupege remotes button mappings and kernel updates often have performance and hardware updates. Not to mention fixing critical bugs and security issues. I say stay up to date.
    Jj
    Registered Linux user #401472

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12