Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Enlightenment-The most beautiful and the most flexible window manager i've ever used!

Beans

Smile Enlightenment-The most beautiful and the most flexible window manager i've ever used!

Well,i came here and post this thread is just for one thing:being shocked by the window manager--Enlightenment.
    This is the most attractive WM for me, which lights my passion at one second.Before i know Englightenment,i tried sawfish,blackbox,window maker,fvwm,wmii,gnome,kde,xfce,fluxbox....But never astonished me like that,this is just what i want i think,flexible,beautifule,great accessibility,low system load and many other advantages.
    though the compiz project is really outstanding,but the gnome is really slow and over loading,even i put up my memorry to 1.5G is not that perfect.
    I really recommend you to try it,here is the website:ww.enlightenment.org,and have fun

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Enlightenment-The most beautiful and the most flexible window manager i've ever u

0 posts. hm. i wonder if WM devs spam other forums?

Beans

Re: Enlightenment-The most beautiful and the most flexible window manager i've ever u

Quote Originally Posted by parana View Post
    Well,i came here and post this thread is just for one thing:being shocked by the window manager--Enlightenment.
    This is the most attractive WM for me, which lights my passion at one second.Before i know Englightenment,i tried sawfish,blackbox,window maker,fvwm,wmii,gnome,kde,xfce,fluxbox....But never astonished me like that,this is just what i want i think,flexible,beautifule,great accessibility,low system load and many other advantages.
    though the compiz project is really outstanding,but the gnome is really slow and over loading,even i put up my memorry to 1.5G is not that perfect.
    I really recommend you to try it,here is the website:ww.enlightenment.org,and have fun
    Post the URI correctly if you want people to follow it.

GNOME is using 1.5 GiB? That is odd.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

"odd" as in "no"

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I agree E17 looks cool and is fast and all that, but is it still getting overhauled every third revision such that you have to delete your .e directory and start over? Also it used to crash on me fairly regularly when I would play with it, and I never really liked having launchers that are icons and commands and whatnot all rolled up into one ball, and a lot of the modules seemed pretty buggy. I haven't used E17 in a while, so perhaps things have improved ...

E17 is the most flexible window manager? Um, okay. Of the ones I've used I'd have to vote for fvwm. You can practically write code in the config files.

Besides, E17 hasn't got a dock.
    "Candle? What candle? I don't see any candle, it's too damn dark in here!"
    Visit my author home page | Read about the exploits of Dennis the Rescue Vizsla

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Rowr! Ya'll'r feisty today!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

From wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an on-line community such as an on-line discussion forum or group with the singular intention of baiting users into an argumentative response

Do not feed the trolls!
    Last edited by Prisma; December 14th, 2007 at 08:25 PM.

Beans

I like Enlightenment (use it as my daily GUI). Though, since I only have 512 MB or ram, lets just say Compiz+Gnome didn't cooperate with other programs all the time.
    See my themes here! | Dont preach Linux, mention it | Make GNOME Themes
    I'm no longer on here. If you want to talk to me, go to noost.org.
    My DeviantArt | Linux user #461096 | Ubuntu user #15753

Beans

Welcome to my world of E17
    The Dyslexic Moron. user 448495 running Arch Linux 64bt
    AMD 6000x2 64bit, Asus motherboard, 8Gb Ram,Nvidia 8500 1gb unboard ram graphics card, Plextor PX760, EPSON R300, Sata 250 gb+Sata 500gb + 2 x 500 usb Hardrives,

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Prisma View Post

I could swear I've seen this troll illustration in a book. Do you have a source for it?
    "Candle? What candle? I don't see any candle, it's too damn dark in here!"
    Visit my author home page | Read about the exploits of Dennis the Rescue Vizsla

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast