Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexuiz/Xorg Lag

Beans

Nexuiz/Xorg Lag

Hey, I've been trying out Nexuiz, and while it is a fun game, I have run into an annoying problem. Although the game runs really well most of the time (100+ FPS), X will randomly spike in CPU usage from low (a few percent at most) to nearly 100% for several seconds at a time causing long pauses in gameplay. In some cases, my monitors have even gone blank for a second or two. I have top to see what was happening and seen X spike up, so I know that it's X for sure.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Beans

Re: Nexuiz/Xorg Lag

I gave up on nexuiz and installed my copy of Quake 4 as a replacement. However, the same issue has cropped up, monitors going blank and everything. Can anyone help me out? I'm running the official (closed) nvidia drivers, latest version.

Beans

Stop posting messages just for your message to go "upper".

Beans

Well, unless I am mistaken when I have an update relevant to the topic, I believe the protocol is to update the thread. Is there something I'm missing?

Beans

You could just edit your first post. We others are not idiots to see our post go to the bottom of the page without having an answer

Beans

Sorry, I never thought to edit it. I have no idea how I may have insulted you, or anyone, whatsoever. In fact, I do not appreciate being attacked immediately simply because I used the wrong option when updating a thread.

Beans

It wasn't a remark, just a simple comment
    Don't get angry, I just wanted to tell you this so that you know it for futur use
    Cheers,
    PhiL
    P.S : Ok, I pushed it a little bit too far... :S :$

Beans

I apologize for the tone of my post. However, your reply came across as quite the attack...

Anyways, closing that bit, does anyone have any ideas? Thanks ^^

Beans

Well have you tried to play with less FPS?
    Maybe 90-95?
    I believe the problem is caused because of the incapability of the screen to "show" more than 100 FPS...

Beans

Is there a way to throttle FPS? Even so though, despite the FPS being higher than the refresh rate of the screen, I've never seen or heard of that being an issue...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast