Thread: Sabayon Wireless Woes

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Question Sabayon Wireless Woes

Hey all! Perhaps not surprising, another wireless issue.
    New to Sabayon and this forum, a little more versed with Ubuntu though

Ill explain this to the best of my knowledge, only after hitting my head against the wall and getting funny looks from my fiance.

Im using a Netgear DG834G V3 with firmware V4.01.30. I now hear that its a bit of a rubbish router, but alas it did work previously.

The laptop is a Compaq Presario V6000 with a Broadcom BCM43xx card, not overly impressive but does the job, almost. The whole setup did work when i used to have Vista (hasta la vista!) on the laptop until i changed the security settings down to accomodate the PS3, then trouble. Then i installed Sabayon 3.4 cause Vista was choking the computer and generally sucks, the change has been very impressive. The K Network Manager manages to find all of the networks in my area but cant connect, it gets straight to 28% completion and gives up.

Ive changed to the suggested WEP security, set the MAC address in the router, tried different security levels, updated firmware, no avail. When it all went wrong in Vista, the problem pertained to the association request from the laptop after i changed the settings, but it still didnt work when i changed them back.

Does this warrant going to ndiswrapper (given the card essentially works and picks up networks)?
    It also works fine when wired into my spare Zyxel router

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Zak
    Last edited by Zakerus; December 14th, 2007 at 07:27 AM.