Thread: Going For Community Council Approval

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Going For Community Council Approval

Tonight I added the Maryland Ubuntu Team to the next Ubuntu Community Council Meeting Agenda.

A couple weeks ago I contacted Josh to put together an outline for our Application Page. I then emailed Jono to get his thoughts on the page that was there and what needed to be done to tweak it. To my surprise (due to the short notice I had given to Josh) he said it looks great! So I got around to adding it to the agenda this evening. The benefits of 'Approved' status will give us the ability to ask for and receive more resources from Canonical. Also it helps make the map a little more green.

The next step will be the IRC meeting itself. Once I know the time and date, I'll post a follow up so you can feel free to attend. In the mean time, if you have any questions or comments, please let me know.

My one apology to the group is that I didn't give you all notice on this. It kinda came together and with the randomness of the CC meetings I wanted to get it up just in case one is called sooner than later.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Going For Community Council Approval

Has there been any further word on this yet?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Going For Community Council Approval

The next Community Councile meeting is scheduled for Thursday 10-Jan-2008 16:00 UTC 11am eastern, and and will be held in #ubuntu-meeting on irc.freenode.net. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncilAgenda has the details.

It looks like this meeting was just scheduled moments ago. I'm going to attempt to make it but I will at least be a little late for it due to a work thing. So if anyone knows that they can take time to attend the meeting, let me know and I'll try to make the arrangements necessary.

Thanks!

Chuck