Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OS X Launch Bar in Screenshot? What is it?

Beans

Re: OS X Launch Bar in Screenshot? What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by poofyhairguy
    Brightside + skippy + Engage +Aqua theme + xcompmgr with nvidia card= fool your friends into thinking you have a Mac.
    Personaly, I would STRONGLY recommend Kompose over Skippy. Basically does the same thing, only better and more configurable imho. Allthough it's KDE, it works fine with Gnome.
    "Windows is something to overcome"

Howto's by me:
    Tweak firefox! (URL now works..)
    Backup/Restore your system!
    Avoid having to reboot

Compentux.org
    , the Linux Tip & Howto gathering initiative!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Heliode
    Personaly, I would STRONGLY recommend Kompose over Skippy. Basically does the same thing, only better and more configurable imho. Allthough it's KDE, it works fine with Gnome.
    Actually.....I like Expocity the best. But I don't like to admit that because it requires forcing an old Metacity into a new Ubuntu (not like Metacity has improved a lot though....) It's the closest to real Expose.

Kompose is nice in KDE, but I like to have my backround be shown!
    Those folks who try to impose analog rules on digital content will find themselves on the wrong side of the tidal wave.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by aussiedini
    Hey there,
    Thats mine, and it is just a transparent gnome panel. Just found cool icons at the www.iconfactory.com . Also used the macosx theme from gnome-look (thanks to Danny Wu), to give the panel a slight tint
    Thank you for following up. I too was interested in the appearance, but unfortunately, as in Mac, the icons do not become slightly larger as you hover over them. Also, you can't get rid of those dividers at each end of the docking station. Other than that, I am liking how things are now.

I had been using Epiphany while doing this, and I realized I had to remove the Epiphany window from the panel so that it would appear only icons are located on the docking station.

Here's a screenshot:

If you're like me, you'd forget all about the docking station, because you'd be staring at Kristen Bell (*drooling*). In case you want the Kristen Bell wallpaper, here it is:

Last, but not least, Magadass, make sure the size of the panel is 50 pixels (the ideal size for me, but you may change the number).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

her a.s.s = 0

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker
    Thank you for following up. I too was interested
    Here's a screenshot:

Great desktop, but don't you have problems reading those icon names on your desktop?
    If you have a very white wallpaper a black color for the names would be the most logical choice.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Question Re: OS X Launch Bar in Screenshot? What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by acht
    her a.s.s = 0

Wait err umm.?!?

Is she supposed to be sexually attractive or something..??

I really don't see how she's all that good looking, She's not ugly , But no beauty queen either..
    Ubuntu 10.10 user..
    Registered Linux user #419240.
    "Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect." -- Linus Torvalds.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

i'd tap that
    how is she not gorgeous?
    doubt she has a brain though... pitty
    believe me, tried that route, you try and talk about anything computer, technology, etc related and they space out and then you realize and then you have to... well, u need a basment, a well, and lotion
    "This bed is evil, it's draining your soul!"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

madagass : i think he is calm, whats wrong? or do you cower when someone has an opinion?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

her a.s.s = 0
    She looks unbelievably great, nevertheless. It's not like we go through some machine that perfects us when we're born. I don't know why people require others to be perfect.

Great desktop, but don't you have problems reading those icon names on your desktop?
    If you have a very white wallpaper a black color for the names would be the most logical choice.
    No, not at all. Even if I could change the color of the text, I wouldn't know how to.
    Wait err umm.?!?

Is she supposed to be sexually attractive or something..??

I really don't see how she's all that good looking, She's not ugly , But no beauty queen either.
    Wow! Kristen Bell not attractive? That's an oxymoron.

doubt she has a brain though... pitty
    I am very confident she has brains.

olsonar is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by poofyhairguy
    Actually.....I like Expocity the best. But I don't like to admit that because it requires forcing an old Metacity into a new Ubuntu (not like Metacity has improved a lot though....) It's the closest to real Expose.
    compiz + scale = expose = awesome

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234