Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: servers up for grabs

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: servers up for grabs

Quote Originally Posted by Seisen View Post
    Has anybody claimed this one yet?
    No not yet, but the drive array controller is flaky so this weekend I will susbstitute another one that I have or just say screw it and get a smart array controller off e-bay to save my self a lot of greef (and I has been fun with this one starting with no boot because of a bad memory stick) 393K memory, dual 400mhz pII's now.

When are you going to show up for the ML350?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by NullHead View Post
    Meh I'll take a PII if thats ok. I'm thinking of using it for running a teamspeak and halo CE servers, but I'm not sure yet.

EDIT: I would still prefer a pIII better but either will suffice.
    I have proliant 6000? quad xeon core waiting in Roseville to be picked up...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by rustybronco View Post
    No not yet, but the drive array controller is flaky so this weekend I will susbstitute another one that I have or just say screw it and get a smart array controller off e-bay to save my self a lot of greef (and I has been fun with this one starting with no boot because of a bad memory stick) 393K memory, dual 400mhz pII's now.

When are you going to show up for the ML350?
    I was planning on coming up in April for Penguicon but if you need me to come up sooner I can see what I can do. Also whichever one Nullhead doesn't' want if I could have the other if that is ok with you.

Beans
    Distro

April is fine with me.
    I don't know if anyone would want to run the 6000 at home with dual 750 watt power supplys, but for sheer mass one has to admit it looks impressive and you could make a nice coffee table! http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/q...liant_6000.jpg

the 1600 is ok but old and has wide ultra's not 2's or 3's.

Beans

I have proliant 6000? quad xeon core waiting in Roseville to be picked up...
    I'll be over joyed to take that off you're hands Pm my info on when is a good time to pick it up. When ever you're able I'm willing.
    Last edited by NullHead; February 2nd, 2008 at 11:09 PM.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by NullHead View Post
    I'll be over joyed to take that off you're hands Pm my info on when is a good time to pick it up. I'm in highschool so when ever you're able I'm willing. Also I will be at the leash of whom ever can drive me over there so please pick a day and I'll see about it.
    not to worry I can drop it off if needed.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Seisen View Post
    I was planning on coming up in April for Penguicon but if you need me to come up sooner I can see what I can do. Also whichever one Nullhead doesn't' want if I could have the other if that is ok with you.
    proliant 1600 up a running 6.06.2 LTS server, they're yours now. again the ml350 has had very little use and should (will) serve your group well ootb, the 1600... run it for a while to make sure no hickups before putting it to work.
    Last edited by rustybronco; April 20th, 2008 at 02:37 PM. Reason: links removed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

proliant 1600 up a running 6.06.2 LTS server, they're yours now. again the ml350 has had very little use and should (will) serve your group well ootb, the 1600... run it for a while to make sure no hickups before putting it to work.
    Thanks, you are the man!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234