Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Howto: Lineage 2 - C6 in Ubuntu 7.10

Beans

Re: Howto: Lineage 2 - C6 in Ubuntu 7.10

Same problem here.
    Notebook: HP9339, DualCore T5500, 4Gb RAM, Nvidia Go7600 256DDR2
    OS Ubuntu 8.10 / Wine 1.1.18
    Lineage2 Gracia2 - installed with Wine and updated.
    DirectX 9.0c, NVIDIA-Linux-x86-180.22-pkg1.run (also tried with 177 from Ubuntu Add/Remove driver)
    Wine configured corectly setted up for WinXP, L2.exe added, etc.
    Tahoma font added, L2.ini edited and configured corectlly.
    When i start L2.exe it's turning off itself in 2 seconds without any error. I tried with different patched systems but doing the same.
    Any suggestion?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Please include your terminal output when lineage 2 crashes. When does it crash? At login screen? At server select? Character Select? In-game? Or during the Lineage 2 splash screen?

Sugi
    WINE: Super Meat Boy // Far Cry 2 // Lineage 2
    VirtualBox: Snapshots // OSE Issues
    アンディモリを聞いてください。

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Sugi View Post
    Please include your terminal output when lineage 2 crashes. When does it crash? At login screen? At server select? Character Select? In-game? Or during the Lineage 2 splash screen?
    Sugi
    How do i do that put a terminal output.

PC: P4 755 3.0 Ghz /
    OS Ubuntu 8.04 / Wine 1.1.19 and 1.05 RC5
    VC: Nvidia 8400 BFG 512 MB
    Lineage2 Gracia part 2
    DirectX 9.0c, NVIDIA-Linux-x86-180.22-pkg1.run
    Wine configured corectly setted up for WinXP, L2.exe added, etc.
    Tahoma font added, L2.ini edited and configured corectlly.

when i try to run L2, it says an error later says this on 1. 1.19

2009.4.24 07:22:32
    CPU : GenuineIntel Pentium 4 Processor @ 3191 MHz with 2026MB RAM
    Video : Direct3D HAL (7341)
    PosCode : LS1:0:0:0 2/0

agp error deactivate agp bla bla the same in all

and later on black screen
    You have triggered a bug in the DirectX 9.0 runtime. Please install DirectX 8.1b (or later) for a fix. See Release Notes for instructions on how to obtain it.
    IsShadow=0,PrimitiveType=0,IndexBuffer=0x106124E0, Base=0,Min=0,Max=63936,First=0,NumPrimitives=10966 4

History: FD3DRenderInterface:rawPrimitive <- ATerrainInfo::Render <- this=Lobby01.TerrainInfo0 <- RenderTerrain <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine:raw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

1.05 RC5
    Agp error
    even not the black screen start it freeze on the image of the character when is starting.
    sorry for my english xD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hi guys,

I am trying to run Linux through Ubuntu 8.04. I am using Wine 1.1.22 and also I have Nvidia card. It gets me to login prompt but then a small box comes up (without any text) and i can only click it and that closes the client. Box is on L2's framework (it's the client message) and I see that it has to be a GG error.I want to login to official L2 server and not private...Any ideas????

Also there is ULL (Universal Linux Launcher for NCSoft games) but nothing better there too..Any idea acceptable...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

L2 launches perfectly apart from AGP error but when i try to log in critical error pops up
    2010.1.4 13:27:08
    CPU : GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2400 MHz with 2047MB RAM
    Video : Direct3D HAL (16921)

General protection fault!

History: NConsoleWnd::RequestAuthLogin <- NCAuthWnd::OnLoginBtnClick <- NCAuthWnd::OnPasswordDone <- NControl::SendEventMessage <- NCEditBox::OnKeyDown <- NCVirtualWndMain:assToFocusedWindow <- NCVirtualWndMain:assToFocusedWindow <- NCVirtualWndMain:assToFocusedWindow <- NCVirtualWndMain:ispatchWndMsg <- NConsoleWnd:ispatchWndMsgX <- NConsoleWnd:ispatchWndMsg <- UWindowsViewport::ViewportWndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- DispatchMessage <- 00020042 256 <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

Beans

Hello i know this is old
    First im a noob when it comes to Linux this is first time i install and hell i love it.
    Now i try to run L2 on Ubuntu 9 with wine all ok but when i start lineage II exe nothing happens can some one help me ? i find on wine it works but no guide ty for understanding

Beans

Hello, I have kubuntu 10.10 and wine 1.3.5. I have installed L2 epilogue to play on a private server. I have added l2.exe and lineage2.exe on that list thingy and have edited my option.ini to have all graphic options on lowest, run on fullscreen and on my original screen resolution. Here is the deal. after i run l2.exe from inside the system folder, the splash screen appears and after a few seconds disappears as it ought to do but then nothing happens. The main lineage2 window fails to initiate. No flashing of the screen, no errors, no nothing. It's as if the l2.exe is designed to show only the splash screen and nothing else...

I'm so close to playing L2 again after such a long time... All help is welcome. Thank you in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Rrv View Post
    ...Wine configured corectly setted up for WinXP, L2.exe added, etc. Tahoma font added, L2.ini edited and configured corectlly...
    I would try the newest wine version, and l2.ini editted? Do you mean option.ini? Just copy and paste the output from the terminal when you run L2.exe within the terminal. [ctrl+shift+c]

Quote Originally Posted by NexusGS View Post
    ...and I see that it has to be a GG error.I want to login to official L2 server....
    I was able to connect to retail with noGGpatch and it's quite easy. Use fyyre's patch, fyyre has done amazing work!!!
    http://fyyre.ivory-tower.de/

Quote Originally Posted by ReZeeR View Post
    ...L2 launches perfectly apart from AGP error but when i try to log in critical error pops up...
    It would be extremely helpful if you posted your terminal output. What video card are you on? Version of ubuntu? Wine version? Though, it's most likely an issue with your option.ini file or you trying to connect to the host.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheazu View Post
    ....but when i start lineage II exe nothing happens...
    This mostly like is linked to your option.ini file, try deleting it and restart Lineage 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal_Light View Post
    ...No flashing of the screen, no errors, no nothing. It's as if the l2.exe is designed to show only the splash screen and nothing else...
    This could be a couple of problems, either an issue with your graphical settings / graphical card or your option.ini file. I can't say for sure, without more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugi
    X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
    Major opcode of failed request: 1 (X_CreateWindow)
    Resource id in failed request: 0x5200007
    Serial number of failed request: 26
    Current serial number in output stream: 32
    I have found a new issue, which is directly linked to emulate desktop environment [wine explorer /desktop]. The best way to workaround this is just load up L2.exe without emulate desktop environment. [wine L2.exe]

Ubuntu 10.10 x64
    Wine 1.3.7
    Lineage 2 Gracia Final

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Update:
    Here is a list of error messages linked with their Solutions. These are issues linked to the client, errors which may not be conflicting with WINE it's self.

Common Critical Errors and their Solutions

Error: History: FL2GameData::ObsceneDataLoad <- FL2GameData::Load() <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Cause: The client cannot properly load banned messages.

Solution: Delete obscene-e.dat in your C:\Program Files\Lineage II\system folder and run L2.exe again.

--------------------------------------------------

Error: General protection fault! History: UOrcMove::CalculateCRC32 <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Cause: The client is missing one or more vital files that are required to load the game. You have not installed the patch or updater properly, you have accidently deleted files, or you are not using the right Chronicle.

Solutions: 1. Make sure none of your folders are empty; ie. systextures, staticmeshes, textures, animations.
    ███████ 2. If found to be empty, reinstall Lineage 2 after completely removing the client via Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs.
    ███████ 3. If step 2 does not work, download a fresh Lineage2 installer from [Link 1].

Error: Negative delta time! History: UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Cause: Your Lineage 2 client could not properly read your CPU clock speeds. This usually only happens with AMD processors.

Solutions: 1. Download the [AMD Dual Core Optimizer] program and install it.
    ███████ 2. Download this >XP ONLY< hotfix from the official Windows website (Genuine Windows XP required). [Link 1]

Error: Failed to enter Entry: Can't find file 'Entry'. History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Cause: Your client is missing one or more required files to launch the game. This may also occur if you install the L2 Server patch onto the wrong version of the game (Hellbound, Gracia, C5, etc).

Solutions: 1. Install the patch in the MAIN Lineage II folder, not the system folder or anywhere else. Installing it in the wrong place can cause this error.
    ███████ 2. Update your video card drivers to the latest stable ones.

Error: Application failed to initialize properly

Cause: This usually appears when you are using modded video card drivers, very outdated video card drivers, do not have the .NET Framework installed, or any combination of the three.

Solutions: 1. Update your video card drivers to the latest stable ones.
    ███████ 2. Download and install the .NET Framework 2.0 [Link 1] (Genuine Windows XP/Vista required).

Error: General protection fault! History: UObject:: DissociateImports <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.SkeletalMesh =anything can be here=) <- IsLoadedResource <- User::SetPawnResource <- UNetworkHandler::Tick <- Function Name=NpcInfoPacket <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Cause: This is 99% of the time caused by video card drivers being unable to load textures, or it can be very rarely caused by a missing texture.

Solutions: 1. Update your video card drivers to the latest stable ones.
    ███████ 2. If step 1 does not work, do some searching to find out what driver versions work best for your video card. In my case and many others, the latest drivers have caused issues, and older drivers work much better.

Error: History: FArchiveFileReader::Seek <- ULinkerLoad::Seek <- TLazyArray<< <- FMipmap<< <- SerializeMips <- UTexture::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (Texture LineageMonstersTex.death_knight.death_knight_t00 99684524==99684524/133323252 99683358 132383) <- ULinkerLoad:reload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Texture LineageMonstersTex.Death_Knight_T00 NULL) <- UOrcMove::CalculateCRC32 <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Cause: You have a corrupt texture, potentially from another private server that doesn't know how to create a proper patch or from an action you have done yourself.

Solutions: 1. download a fresh Lineage2 installer from [Link 1].
    ███████ 2. If step 1 does not work, reinstall DirectX 9.0c and update your video card drivers to the latest stable ones.

Error: History: NConsoleWnd::RequestAuthLogin <- NCAuthWnd::OnLoginBtnClick <- NCAuthWnd::OnPasswordDone <- NControl::SendEventMessage <- NCEditBox::OnKeyDown <- NCVirtualWndMain:assToFocusedWindow <- NCVirtualWndMain:assToFocusedWindow <- NCVirtualWndMain:assToFocusedWindow <- NCVirtualWndMain:ispatchWndMsg <- NConsoleWnd:ispatchWndMsgX <- NConsoleWnd:ispatchWndMsg <- UWindowsViewport::ViewportWndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- DispatchMessage <- 006903B0 256 <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

Cause: Another program is intercepting your connection with the Auth server when you click 'Login'. This can be from almost anything.

Solutions: 1. If you have an anti-virus program such as AVG, disable all active protection while logging in and enable it again only once you are ingame.
    ███████ 2. If you have another Lineage 2 client open of a different chronicle (ex. logged into a Gracia Final Part 2 server while trying to login to Interlude one), close the other client and restart your client. Also close any other games that utilise an anti-cheat program, whether it be Gameguard, nProtect, etc. You should now be able to login.
    ███████ 3. Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and open the file 'hosts' with notepad. Other than all lines starting with the character '#', make sure that this is the only line there:
    Code:

Unless you have added other lines there and know what you are doing, you can leave those, but delete all lines with L2authd.lineage2.com, L2testauthd.lineage2.com, auth.lineage2.com.tw, auth.lineage2.jp, L2auth.Lineage2.in.th, L2auth.Lineage2.ph, or anything else you see that relates to Lineage 2 Auth.
    http://forum.pmfun.com/viewtopic.php?p=121793

Cheers,
    Sugi
    Last edited by Sugi; November 26th, 2010 at 10:33 PM.
    WINE: Super Meat Boy // Far Cry 2 // Lineage 2
    VirtualBox: Snapshots // OSE Issues
    アンディモリを聞いてください。

Beans

Unhappy Re: Howto: Lineage 2 - C6 in Ubuntu 7.10

Hello i'm new here i do everythink in the guide i dont copy the dlls files beacuse i don't find the drive_c folder ine the wine folder haven't drive_c or program files...
    OK i run l2.exe and nothink comes up..i trie from console and i got this error:
    alex@Alex:~/Desktop/Lineage][/system$ wine l2.exe
    fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0025, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0026, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0027, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0028, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0029, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 002a, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 002b, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 002c, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 002e, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 002d, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 002f, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0030, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0031, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0032, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0033, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0034, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0035, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0036, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0037, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0038, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0039, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 003a, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 003b, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 003c, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca68e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 003d, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
    err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000194 flags 0 addr 0x7bc33bca
    err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000194 flags 0 addr 0x7bc33bca
    What i do wrong??please answer me

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

If anyone could provide a fix for the mouse fixed to the center of the screen when launching the game I'd be grateful.

Running Linux Mint 10 x64 bit (based on Maverick Meerkat), latest Wine 1.3.24 and Lineage II. Freya client.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345