Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: OpenOffice and it's broken spellchecker

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: OpenOffice and it's broken spellchecker

I had this problem and I've just fixed. I started out by reinstalling Open Office. This was a waste of time. So then, in Synaptic I searched for "dictionary". In there is a "MYSPELL". Reading the description it says it is used with Open Office and Mozilla. This was not installed. I've installed it, and everything works PERFECTLY. Hope this helps others who are having this problem.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

It should be fixed in 9.04 by default.
    Go to openoffice website and download your language dictionary, add it as an extension.

The previous problems were related to dictionaries at openoffice not working easily with OOo2.4.1, since they were repackaged to work with 3.0 extensions.
    At least that is what I remember. You shouldn't have to install 3rd party programs.

Beans

lawentzel, thanks for the tip. My OpenOffice refused to put the squiggly red line under misspelled words. I didn't realize at first and that created a few problems for me. Installing myspell, which automatically got rid of hunspell, did the trick. Everything seems to working as it should now.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456