Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu Buddhist Editon

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Buddhist Editon

Well, I'm still biased towards FTP hosting, I'm still running proftpd at every session start up. At the ISP where I'm at now, Olean Public Library at 256PM EST, you can connect via my IP
    with user2 /developers. Make sure you specify that it requires login. I wont be on long tho, troubleshooting it with some folks on xchat/irc ubuntu. Tried uploading to Launchpad via terminal BZR init, BZR add, and BZR commit, but after and hour and a half (not long enough to upload 8g) it froze. So....and now I'm lockd out,

Permission denied (publickey).
    bzr: ERROR: Unable to connect to SSH host bazaar.launchpad.net; EOF during negotiation

I've thot about prepackaging it and putting it on my personal packages, but IDK where to start. This is a long process--uploading. Megashares gig is still live and I still intend on uploading the rest of it there...

sigh.

Beans

Hey, I got wifi to work in KDE. I like KDE. Anyone have any experience with fluxbox and can tell me why White Wind Zen community may like that better? In KDE to get wifi, if you have wifi in GNOME, just open a terminal and type nm-applet .

Oh, BTW, if ppl would like to goto compiz forums and bother them about "Indra's Effect" so they'll make it a reality, much thanx. I'm thinking that'd be great. I have three posts on it over there and others have suggested analogous ideas but we need notice. I really don't feel like taking the source code and devving my own plugin so much..

Beans

Angry Re: Ubuntu Buddhist Editon

GOT FORWARDED PORTS AT HOME TESTING VIA IRC HELPERS, hrmmm, will expand the isos for selective downloading once its debugged

need help tho figuring owt the specifics of proftp setup. still havg trble
    Last edited by jasballz; April 4th, 2009 at 09:53 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Just a friendly reminder.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmizer View Post
    Reopening this thread under the following conditions:
    • This thread’s topic is about development, not about religion. Stay on topic.
    • There is to be no religious discussion involved in this thread except where directly relevant to development of Buddhabuntu.
    • Do not post any jokes about Buddhism or any other religion.
    • It is NOT ok to give your opinion on Buddhism as a religion.
    • It is NOT ok to give your opinion on religion based releases of Ubuntu.

Beans

Question Re: Ubuntu Buddhist Editon

Hey, I was wondering where I could pick up a copy of this.

Also, if you're still looking for people to host it, I can host it on my SkyDrive. I have 25GB and I'm using less than 1GB myself.

Message Jacob@BloggingGuy.com if you're interested, because I'm likely not to check back here for long periods of time.

Beans

Talking Re: Ubuntu Buddhist Editon

Quote Originally Posted by Kemrin View Post
    Hey, I was wondering where I could pick up a copy of this.

Also, if you're still looking for people to host it, I can host it on my SkyDrive. I have 25GB and I'm using less than 1GB myself.

Message Jacob@BloggingGuy.com if you're interested, because I'm likely not to check back here for long periods of time.
    I emailed Kemrin and I'm going to mail him the DVDS for Beta I prolly. I am more than happy to mail other people the two DVD set, though I would appreciate someone 1) buying the site 2) buying a sponsored link over at google 3) and I have to set up a personal paypal for donations if I would like to break even.

This way Beta I can be hosted by him, and downloaded or torrented by the rest of the peers / interpersonal. Beta II is due Apr 24th, and it sounds like neo_the_user is going to have to wait longer than that to incorporate his python library, and rainvoice is busy so he won't be able to really do much until may or july. So Beta II will probably just be an expansion pack available for download that includes Lyceum's new themes and logos and my expanded library I've been working on.

Once we get that settled, or w/e we can decide on a release date for Beta III, as I'm expecting a lot of the work will be done May/June.

Also bother the Compiz forum about "Indra's Effect" as I have no idea on how I would do it myself.

Give me your address so that I can mail you the two DVD Beta I package.

domoarigatso
    namaste

gassho
    jasballz
    Last edited by jasballz; April 6th, 2009 at 04:02 PM.

Beans

Plz grab ur RockStar and popcorn,

going 2 mail Kemrin Beta I DVDs and he will host via SkyDrive.

It is very important that people of Buddhist sects other than Chan/Zen import their flavors/work! Im working on Beta II library right now and a lot of the expansion is Chan! PLZ either link me to some good sutta sites (nagajuna to download, I really want his suttas) for all the varied sects! Beta I has a pretty universal library but we need equal expansion! I will PM lyceum and see how he's coming along. Plz feel free to PM users other than rainvoice and those listed on Buddhabuntu home since they have not replied to me (IDKY, maybe busy).

IDK maybe the moderators could help me on this one: where do I post to ask Canonical Ltd's permission to use 'buntu or logo mod?
    Last edited by jasballz; April 7th, 2009 at 12:34 AM.

Beans

Info is here

I suggest you contact them before you publish your work

http://www.ubuntu.com/aboutus/trademarkpolicy

Quote Originally Posted by jasballz View Post
    Plz grab ur RockStar and popcorn,

going 2 mail Kemrin Beta I DVDs and he will host via SkyDrive.

It is very important that people of Buddhist sects other than Chan/Zen import their flavors/work! Im working on Beta II library right now and a lot of the expansion is Chan! PLZ either link me to some good sutta sites (nagajuna to download, I really want his suttas) for all the varied sects! Beta I has a pretty universal library but we need equal expansion! I will PM lyceum and see how he's coming along. Plz feel free to PM users other than rainvoice and those listed on Buddhabuntu home since they have not replied to me (IDKY, maybe busy).

IDK maybe the moderators could help me on this one: where do I post to ask Canonical Ltd's permission to use 'buntu or logo mod?
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Seisen View Post
    Is anybody interested in making a Ubuntu Buddhist Edition? I figure we already have a Ubuntu Christin Edition and a Muslim Edition why not a Buddhist Edition. If you are seriously interested in it PM me.
    Well right now it's being taken as a bit of a joke - but my main concern is that there appears to be no way to actually get the liveCD!

I tried to file a bug at launchpad - but it seems that Buddhabuntu isn't using that.
    Last edited by ben2talk; April 7th, 2009 at 01:48 AM. Reason: added bug comment

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Just a couple of basic questions.

1. Is there any way to get a liveCD - I cannot find any download links
    2. What are the most noticeable differences in using this distro compared to something like Ubuntu (gnome)?

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast