Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu Buddhist Editon

Beans

Talking Re: Ubuntu Buddhist Editon

Quote Originally Posted by ben2talk View Post
    Well right now it's being taken as a bit of a joke - but my main concern is that there appears to be no way to actually get the liveCD!

I tried to file a bug at launchpad - but it seems that Buddhabuntu isn't using that.

there is a branch at launchpad.net/buduntu but I've had trouble committing it (please read prevous posts of mine b4 posting). I cannot "bzr commit" either because it takes too long or freezes my pc. But there is a branch, and IDK y you couldn't post a bug. But I have no idea how to work launchpad.net, im a complete newb. Dmizer suggested launchpad.net so if you'd like to work on that, go ahead.

Just email me, or I can change the login. IDK 1>>you may download Alpha III System DVD via the 180 split file at Buddhabuntu.8m.net / my files login admin@buddhabuntu.8m.net and pword: developers. The rest of the split files are over at mediafire and I linked to them in the blog or what's new last month.

>>Im sending Daichan the DVDS for Beta I and Beta II library expansion via the United States Postal Service so he will host that on his SkyDrive (again, please read Whats New at buddhabuntu home and this blog carefully b4 posting, domoarigatso

I have also said that I will happily mail the DVDs for free once I get a break-even system going / paypal donations.

2>>distro differences (KDE) and inclusion of Buddhist Scriptural/Media Library. This distro is in development so goals are user adaptive O.S. (interfacing IBM PML or complearn debian packages / neural nets) and Indra's Effect) there is a lot of work to be done to mod the actual Window Manager (GNOME or KDE). neo_the_user is working on an ATI radeon python library.

domoarigatso
    namaste
    gassho
    jasballz

Namste
    gassho

jasballz
    Last edited by jasballz; April 7th, 2009 at 08:25 PM. Reason: added distro details

Beans

Exclamation Re: Ubuntu Buddhist Editon

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    Info is here

I suggest you contact them before you publish your work

http://www.ubuntu.com/aboutus/trademarkpolicy
    you got it. Lyceum has expressed concern regarding this also. Sent them contact 2day; but I'm not so worried because Buddhabuntu is completely FREE and OPENSOURCED.

thx
    Last edited by jasballz; April 7th, 2009 at 08:35 PM.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Buddhist Editon

Summary:
    1) BUDDHABUNTU is FREE and OPENSOURCED

2) ALPHA III can be downloaded at BUDDHABUNTU HOME at MY FILES login: admin@buddhabuntu.8m.net / developers AND AT MEDIAFIRE LINKS AT BLOG / WHATS NEW

3) BETA I+II EXPANSION is being mailed to Kelvintan for hosting

4) if that doesn't work out I am conferencing with Dr Richard Reilly about faculty sponsorship so that St Bonaventure will open a port for my laptop as a live FTP host

5) BUDDHABUNTU is an UBUNTU JAUNTY remix/distribution that will contain a mass of Buddhist Scriptures/Media and machine learning for user-adaptiveness emphasis

6) BUDDHABUNTU BETA I presently uses KDE as the Window Manager for purposes of aesthetics until FLUXBOX is deemed more appropriate (White Wind Zen Community)

7) BUDDHABUNTU (website and project) is an INTERPERSONAL WORK

8) BUDDHABUNTU depends entirely upon the efforts of those involved or who wish to become involved (PLEASE PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BECOMING INVOLVED)

9) APRIL 24th WILL BE THE OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE OF BETA II, which will include Lyceum's wallpapers / theme packages, the library expansion I am sending to Kelvintan to host along with BETA I on his SkyDrive, and BE STABLE "sudo update-manager -d" terminal code for updgrade to JAUNTY JACKALOPE

10) COPYRIGHT ISSUES NEED TO BE COMPLETELY AND EXHAUSTIVELY RESEARCHED BY THE FINAL RELEASE DATE, IN ORDER TO ENSURE COMPLETE COPYRIGHT -watertightness-

a) SENT CANONICAL LTD. A BRIEFING ON THIS PROJECT AND POSSIBLE COPYRIGHT ISSUES OF THE USE OF THE NAME "BUDDHA-UNTU" AND LOGO
    b) PRESENTLY THE LOGO IS GPL LISCENCE / see wikimedia
    c) NEED TO RESEARCH EXHAUSTIVELY THE COPYRIGHT ISSUES OF ALL FILES INCLUDED IN THE BUDDHABUNTU MEDIA LIBRARY
    i) i am not so worried about the suttas, so much as the AUDIO BOOKS AND VIDEO FILES

11) BUDDHABUNTU's EMPHASIS/UNIQUENESS IS ON THE INCORPORATION OF EXISTING AND DEVELOPED NEURAL NETS / MACHINE LEARNING ALGORITHMS FOR EXTENSIVE USER-ADAPTIVENESS (IBM PML, complearn, my NLP neural net)

12) neo_the_user is developing a python rm300 ATI RADEON LIBRARY for inclusion in BETA III

13) rainvoice will be able to contribute in May or June

14) BUDDHABUNTU DEPENDS ON THE INCLUSION OF ALL BUDDHIST SECTS AS REPRESENTATIVE DEVELOPERS IN THE MAKING OF THIS PROJECT

15) BUDDHABUNTU PRESENTLY DOES NOT MODIFY UBUNTU LOGOS AND SPLASH SCREENS IN THE PRESENT LIVEDVD
    a) UNFORTUNATELY RECONSTRUCTOR DID NOT MODIFY THE LOGOS TO MY DEVELOPED SPLASH ARTWORK / THIS NEEDS DEBUGGING

16) BUDDHABUNTU IS @ LAUNCHPAD.NET/BUDUNTU

APRIL 7th 2009 BRIEFING/SUMMARY

domoarigatso, namaste and gassho

jasballz
    Last edited by jasballz; April 8th, 2009 at 08:42 PM.

Beans

launpad.net/buduntu

Beans

Today I mailed the DVDS to Duchaine via Priority Mail, insured, and delivery confirmation. Once he's uploaded them he'll probably post or email me and I will post the links. I asked him to seed a torrent also.

We need to find a company that produces custom software packaging (see Buddhabuntu packaging) and I need to set up a paypal acct for donations so I can break even if I start mailing free copies.

Namaste,

Jasballz

Beans

For the Final Release I'd like to compress it all into one LiveDVD and it will probably have to be due to copyright violations. IDK. Also we need every body to plug everwhere!

namaste.
    gassho,

jasballz
    Last edited by jasballz; April 14th, 2009 at 06:27 PM.

Beans

Last thing: updated Blog and Whats New. Thinking about leaving Buddhabuntu to the community to take care of--so it will take care of itself. Then maybe coming back to put on the finishing touches like nlp and machine-learning.

See Whats New.

Duchaine is uploading Beta I right now and will post the direct download links. Plz seed/upload a torrent.

Beans

Duchaines got the DVDs now, uploading them. Plz read the What's New at Buddhabuntu Home. Will resend a msg to Canonical Ltd since my webmail at Saint Bonas could not recieve emails for a little while. PLUG EVERWHERE!!

namaste and gassho

jasballz

Beans

Uhhhh...negotiating with Canonical LTD rite now...

here is a present transcript if you like:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qmzzy9yut3y
    Last edited by jasballz; April 15th, 2009 at 08:04 PM.

Beans

April 15th 2009 briefing: "Canonical and Buddhabuntu among other things":

Wed April 15th 2009. Negotiating BUDDHBUNTU logo and name with Canonical Ltd. May, at the end of this journey, they remain as they need to be! You may download the present transcript of my email conversation with
    Michelle Surtees-Myers, a wonderful! Canonical Ltd U.K. representative here. Comments welcome over at the 'BUDDHABUNTU' thread at UBUNTU Cafe. Ubuntu Christian Edition was unfortunately forced to take off their Jesus-Fish!

I also brought to her attention UBUNTUME: Ubuntu Muslim Edition, which Michelle Surtees-Myers will take care of! Once we've concluded w/e it is we are doing, I will post the entire transcript as it is. May the Christians get their wonderful! Jesus-Fish back!

I will also present to her the modifications Ubuntu Satanic Edition have made, if I deem it appropriate.

Due to all this, I feel rather comfortable asking for someone to figure out how to mod the UBUNTU LiveDVD installation splashes once Duchaine uploads BUDDHABUNTU BETA 1. Duchaine unfortunately found out that BUDDHABUNTU BETA 1 would have to be split into 50mb parts to go onto his SkyDrive--which is much, much worse than the split-size we were getting at Megashares.com until I decided to stop uploading there. So, instead, at least for now, BETA 1 will be available as a torrent, that Duchaine will seed until we get a good enough base (>20 seeders).

Due to this, and my ignorance at the time, I had told Dr. Reilly that we do not need his sponsorship. He's looking at the site now to see what he may or may not do--however, I have rescinded that statement and asked that he sponsor. He's a very, very busy Tibetan Buddhist--so once things settle down for him he'll reply to that email and we'll see about FTP hosting.

Again, I am reopening the opportunity for a free copy of BUDDHABUNTU BETA 1 to anyone--free of charge--I will pay shipping and handling, and see if I can't mail out of country also. This is to enable someone to host a direct download site/etc. Just txt my phone or email me (Contacts).

Also looking for ppl to plug like crazzy, right articles and such things.

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast