Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu Buddhist Editon

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: Ubuntu Buddhist Editon

Can somebody please help jasballz as we are both serious about the Ubuntu Buddhist Edition. If everybody asks for Ubuntu Buddhist Editon, then the lead developer needs help with an FTP server for Ubuntu Buddhist Editon, and nobody offers assistance, this thread might as well just be deleted and pretend that none of us ever had the conversation.

All the best.

Beans

Angry Re: Ubuntu Buddhist Editon

this is so fracking frustrating. I quit for today. I'm sick as a dog because of bad karma lol and I have NO IDEA where to begin.

For someone to do : post an easy to understand guide on how to use vsftpd to host

and how can you port the GNOME WLAN panel icon to KDE? I think buddhabuntu should run in KDE as it runs personalbrain better.

Be blessed,
    jasballz

plz review previous posts for updates. still live 333 pm est tho soon will be not live. Had errors 530 pword and connection refused in testing via help from irc ppl. Some irc admins at #ubuntu are going to be reincarnated as hell-beings because they are stupid. I can think of one, pici. lol. Plus they would stink as bodhisattvas. uhhh.... look at buddhabuntu.8m.net blog and here for jobs you can do with opensource dev ... w/e...

Someone turn a prayer wheel or something....
    Last edited by jasballz; March 25th, 2009 at 08:38 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Neo_The_User View Post
    Can somebody please help jasballz as we are both serious about the Ubuntu Buddhist Edition. If everybody asks for Ubuntu Buddhist Editon, then the lead developer needs help with an FTP server for Ubuntu Buddhist Editon, and nobody offers assistance, this thread might as well just be deleted and pretend that none of us ever had the conversation.

All the best.
    patience is a virtue. Not all good things happen in the time frame you may wish for.

remember all who visit here have lives outside Ubuntu.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

I don't. I have no life outside Ubuntu as this is my chance to learn real programming before I reach my mid 20s looking for a job making Playstation 4 games for EA Black BOX.

anyway, help would be greatly appreciated.

Beans

Wink Re: Ubuntu Buddhist Editon

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    patience is a virtue. Not all good things happen in the time frame you may wish for.

remember all who visit here have lives outside Ubuntu.
    patience==hype==good

Beans

still trying to figure out vsftpd

Beans

btw does ne body know how to make an AMOR theme we need a zen master / old enlightened sage

OK, I got a good terminal / "ftp localhost" then pword problems.

My IP is 149.76.205.135 and most weekdays I am live 8amEST or 1130amEST til about 5pm EST . Tonight I am live it is 8:24PM EST working on 5000 oops could not open chroot() list, file:etc/vsftpd.chroot_list and pword no good. twolane on irc says not a good ping tho earlier at Linger Longer Cafe I had a good ping from another user.
    Last edited by jasballz; March 26th, 2009 at 01:26 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Are you trying to host the FTP server on your own personal machine?

If so, you should try the 3rd link in my signature which has a fantastic FTP server tutorial. (edit) Be sure to follow the directions under "B- The secure way"

As for the IP address problem, you need to look into getting a free dynamic host account like dyndns: www.dyndns.com
    Last edited by dmizer; March 26th, 2009 at 01:30 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dmizer View Post
    Are you trying to host the FTP server on your own personal machine?

If so, you should try the 3rd link in my signature which has a fantastic FTP server tutorial. (edit) Be sure to follow the directions under "B- The secure way"

As for the IP address problem, you need to look into getting a free dynamic host account like dyndns: www.dyndns.com
    gr8 u r a godsend. Twolane at ubuntu irc also a bodhisattva recommended ssh. trying that out since i tried vsftpd all day. making slow steady progress==GOLD soon

the dynamic link site is dead

auhh,, following guide ... scrapping vsftpd
    Last edited by jasballz; March 26th, 2009 at 01:49 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast