Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu Buddhist Editon

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Ubuntu Buddhist Editon

Hey, I'm Buddhist, and I like Buddhist jokes...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Loosely related link:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/perlow/?p=9704

The Zen of Ubuntu

Beans

Angry Re: Ubuntu Buddhist Editon

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbl3 View Post
    hmmm anyway to get any of the extras from it without getting it? lol just because i use xubuntu but i would like to see the wallpapers and other stuff that comes with it.
    Basically all three disks of Buddhabuntu Alpha 3 are lots of Library files (two movies, lots of audio books and ebooks and some Linux apps) that run up to 6 gb, and on the System Disk that I'm uploading now (about 2gb) theres the live CD I made with remastersys as an ISO and the library. The library includes some user icons and bgs in art\artbud\ along with old logos in art\oldbuddhabuntulogos

The Media disks contain both the movies, audio books and music mp3s. The entire Buddhabuntu package is platform independent and really I guess the OS isn't so important. But I suppose when I buy some more DVD-Rs Ill host a place where Ill mail them free of charge (maybe with shipping and handling). Depending on how I feel about it I may mail all three DVDs or just the System DVD.

But uploading has really been a nightmare for me. Once I upload it Ill work on expanding the Library again. Its pretty universally Buddhist with emphasis on Tibetan and Zen or Ch'an bud, but there's all sorts of genbud, thervadabud and mahayana and psychological bud.

Beans

While the OS in the end will feature some really neat features once I get to it, or w/e the Library is platform independent. I'm using Mediafire to upload the System Disk right now. The liveCD is 1.1gb and the rest is maybe 1gb, (idk) The Media Disks are about 5gb total. I'm thinking about either including the KDE LinuxLiveCD for Buddhist Studies on the SystemDVD as shitslax.iso or just allowing users to download it from their site as I couldn't even run it. Has anybody else tried their KDE LinuxLive CD? What have your experiences been? And do you think it be good for modding? Because right now I'm just using Jaunty.
    Last edited by jasballz; March 23rd, 2009 at 01:50 PM.

Beans

I'm also using the op to distribute a Christian/Buddhist novella I did a while ago I entitled "Wheat". You can find that on the SystemDVD/htms/jon2000.8m.com/

I was thinking about including a natural language processing neural network excel macro I did also but I haven't any idea how to port to Ubuntu (it runs on both Mac and Windows tho). Any ideas or if someone wants to port it Ill upload it. Its written in VBscript.

Beans

I've got like two parts of maybe ten of the first System DVD for Alpha 3 uploaded.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zlzxinzbsdv

http://www.mediafire.com/?mwh0gn9wwjw

slowly but surely. Somebody say a prayer that I do good on an ECED240 test/quiz today and a French test tommorrow as I am putting WAY too much time in to this!

Beans

Also if someone would work on modding the splashes and startupsystem sounds and cursor/icons using some of the graphics and sounds in SystemDVD/Library/ of the customdistro.iso that once I've uploaded that would be much appreciated! The third (.003) file may be corrupt. Plz check.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mujegmd7ygx
    Last edited by jasballz; March 23rd, 2009 at 03:33 PM.

Beans

Thumbs down Re: Ubuntu Buddhist Editon

Get out the RockStar -for multiple posts-.

Once I uploaded the smallest DVD (System) which is about 1.6gb (and tell me if wine/7-zip can unarchive--should be able to, i will test right away) I will get on uploading the largest DVD (Media) which is about 4.06gb and 7zd to 3.9gb. That has audiobooks, mp3s and a movie called Why The Boddhidharma Came to the East. That movie's Zen/Ch'an and copyrights shouldn't apply considering it was published 1989. In Media II DVD there is a movie on The Tibetan Book of the Dead. Once I've uploaded Alpha III Completely I will work on expanding the library even more. Right now the Alpha 3 distro of Buddhabuntu is pretty universally Buddhist. Anybody working on making sect-specific icons/logos? There is a dual emphasis right now on Ch'an and Tibetan Buddhism (again bias) because I am originally Zen/Ch'an with some schooling under Tibetan Buddhism under Prof. Richard Reilly at Saint Bonaventure University. There is also a similarity between Tibetan Dzogchen and Ch'an (even epistemologically--chen/Ch'an). IDK. Ideas?

I'm still having some trouble uploading even to Mediafire. Anybody with ideas/solutions to torrenting most welcome. Tho I deleted my tar.7z file and set for the demonoid Alpha2 torrent right now as I have done extensive work on Alpha III. God willing Alpha 3 system DVD will be completely live and online at Mediafire by the end of today or tommorrow.

Again, Buddhabuntu is pretty universally Buddhist tho I'd LOVE for there to be sect-specific themes / language incorporation. Plz someone work on that!

I noticed that on working on it I have shortened the name in a file folder to "buduntu" so if "Buddhabuntu" is not everyone's favorite name or w/e, let me know!

There's a total of 17 split 7z archives I am working on uploading right now!

Ideas! Ideas! Ideas?
    Last edited by jasballz; March 23rd, 2009 at 07:07 PM.

Beans

Checked the 7z with 7z; all seems good.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by jasballz View Post
    I noticed that on working on it I have shortened the name in a file folder to "buduntu" so if "Buddhabuntu" is not everyone's favorite name or w/e, let me know!
    Bubuntu its funnier, that's all

And I searched for Jewbuntu. LOL! The site is so funny.
    "There's no such thing as illegal immigrants, only illegal Governments..."

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast