Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What random good-deeds have you done... ?

Beans

Re: What random good-deeds have you done... ?

A cure?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Did all the washing up, and made myself and my brothers breakfast, allowing my mum to stay in bed

(Because she was ill)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by some_random_noob View Post
    Sounds like someone is joking ... seriously though people, PROPER good-deeds.
    nothing wrong with what he posted.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by NightCrawler03X View Post
    Did all the washing up, and made myself and my brothers breakfast, allowing my mum to stay in bed

(Because she was ill)
    cool, I would do just the same.
    I've done a few good deeds here and there, but I'm neither one for bragging nor for remembering

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by hkq37 View Post
    Picked up rubbish in the street whilst waiting for the bus.
    If I see trash on the beach, I pick it up and throw it away...

When I lived in San Francisco, people littered so much on Ocean Beach that whenever I took my dog for a walk on the beach, or when I would go and check the surf, I would always do a personal beach clean-up and throw away what ever trash that was in the area...

... sometimes I would find a hefty garbage bag (or 2), and fill it full of trash like beer cans, plastic, and styrofoam... anything that I would see that might harm a bird, fish, seal, or porpoise...

@some_random_noob- I've work as a cook for most my life, and when I worked in SF as a cook in this fancy spot in the Marina district, there was always so much wasted food at the end of the night.

So I would grab all of these "flatbread" pizzas, and old pasta dishes, and then give them to the homeless people that were on the street of the Tenderloin when walking from the parking garage to the place I was temporarily staying at...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Random good deed...

I went after an SUV who slammed into a Jeep and then tried to run. Got his license plate number, turned around and made sure the couple was okay. By that time the police had arrived and gave them the plate numbers. The guy was driving on a suspended license for being involved with other accidents...
    · Compaq Presario 5630 PII, 400 Mhz, 384 MB RAM: Arch with XFCE 4.6, Antix, Debian w/LDXE
    · Dell Dimension 8200, P4 2.2Ghz, 1.5 Gig RAM, Ubuntu 10.10 and Windows 7 (vrtualbox)
    · Thinkpad R40, P4 M 2.0 Ghz, 1 Gig RAM, Ubuntu 10.10

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by crimesaucer View Post
    If I see trash on the beach, I pick it up and throw it away...

When I lived in San Francisco, people littered so much on Ocean Beach that whenever I took my dog for a walk on the beach, or when I would go and check the surf, I would always do a personal beach clean-up and throw away what ever trash that was in the area...

... sometimes I would find a hefty garbage bag (or 2), and fill it full of trash like beer cans, plastic, and styrofoam... anything that I would see that might harm a bird, fish, seal, or porpoise...

Good !! Good to see people with similar convictions. I was a little disheartened to read previously that someone thought I was joking. I hope this may change your outlook on how you see yourself in our world ..push your conceptions out beyond your front door.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by PrimoTurbo View Post
    One time I came into the theater and yelled out the ending of the movie, thus saving all the people from watching the crappy Lord of the Rings movie. I consider it one of my better accomplishments in life.

LOL

I always help people when they're lost or ask the time. I also bought unicef's christmas cards last year
    Last edited by raul_; December 5th, 2007 at 03:12 AM.
    My blog | Arch User | Linux user #439142 | Ubuntu user #10974
    "God is real unless you declare it as integer"

Beans

Good !! Good to see people with similar convictions. I was a little disheartened to read previously that someone thought I was joking.
    Errrrrrr, sorry about that! I guess people do pick up rubbish etc, but it depends where you live. Here in New Zealand nobody would bother picking up rubbish - in the big cities at least (It's everywhere, so there's simply no point). Maybe out in rural areas people would actually care.

I always help people when they're lost or ask the time.
    Same here. Sometimes I even see people who are nice enough to tell me the time when I don't have my watch on me (But I always have my watch on me ). However, sometimes I half-except to receive a glare or a punch in the face for asking such a random/stupid question... there are some strange people out there! I'm going to always have my watch on, to save me having to ask

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I installed Ubuntu on my roommates laptop.
    If you build it, they will come.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123