Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WoW Issue

Beans

Re: WoW Issue

I'm not sure where and how to check my video drivers. I have my restricted drivers are installed. When I installed the 7.10 from the 7.04 it was from the upgrade app that shows up. the only thing is that upgrade app said that it was going to uninstall a bunch of lib????? packages and my beryl stuff too.

I just need to get this stuff fixed. I will repost the error message when I go to run WoW from the terminal:

warlock@warlock-desktop:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/World of Warcraft$ wine WoW.exe -opengl

fixme:powrprof:DllMain (0x7d690000, 1, (nil)) not fully implemented
    fixme:ntdll:NtPowerInformation semi-stub: SystemPowerCapabilities
    fixme:powrprof:DllMain (0x7d690000, 0, (nil)) not fully implemented
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x34f230,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x34eee0,0x00000000), stub!
    err:wgl:get_render_type_from_fbconfig Unknown render_type: 0
    err:d3d:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat
    err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter
    err:wine_d3d:WineDirect3DCreate Direct3D9 is not available without opengl

I really don't know what all that means. help me please

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

You may need to inform us of exactly what video hardware you're using.

The drivers may not be installed properly, as WINE is outputting errors (the only 3 actual erros) about OpenGL compatibility at the bottom.

Beans

I'm using the Asus nvidia GeForce 7300GS video card, so the Nvidia drivers. if any further spec's are needed just let me know.

Cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Which Nvidia drivers? The default from the repos (nvidia-glx or nvidia-glx-new), the ones from the Nvidia website or the generic "nv" driver that is installed by default in Ubuntu?

Linux User #355330 | Ubuntu User #15618 | Last.FM

Beans

The only drivers that I can see in the synaptic manager are the nvidia-glx driver. I also have the restricted drivers turned on too. do I need any other nvidia driver in the synaptic manager installed?

Sorry I should have said that I have nvidia-glx installed and no other driver installed, other then the restricted drivers that are turned on.
    Last edited by melzanis; December 14th, 2007 at 03:06 AM.

Beans

I'm having the same problem with Half Life 2 on Steam; Steam runs fine but as soon as I try to launch a game I get the same sequence of errors. Running gutsy, wine 0.9.50 and nvidia drivers version NVIDIA-Linux-x86-100.14.19-pkg1.run. Any help appreciated.

Beans

Ok I want to start off by saying... i'm sorry for any language that I use, but my frustration needs to be voiced.

For the past week I have had nothing but problem with this ******* wine app. However this all started the minute I upgraded to 7.10. Everything was working so nice, I could play the games that I installed. I never got any error message. But now I can't ******* do a damn thing. I was forced to wipe out my harddrive and reinstall Ubuntu 7.04. Only because that was the version that worked for me. However, i'm faced with the same damn problems as before. Even after install Warcfraft 3 (which the installation went smooth the hole way) I can't play the damn game. I don't know if after install wine and then going into winecfg, if there is anything I have to do with the libraries or what because I don't have anything in that tab. I'm getting to the point where Windows sounds pretty ******* good right now... And I ******* hate Windows. Now I have followed all the threads that tell me how to install wine. Yet it still doesn't work. So I don't know what more to do, if any one out there nows what I should do with wine to get it to work. Please let me know, because I don't know what to do any more.

Thanks a million

Beans

Well I don't know hot to explain this other then I fixed the problem. It was a bit extreme but it worked.
    After reinstalling Ubuntu 7.04 for a second time, I said to myself I should just upgrade to 7.10 gutsy. Shortly after the upgrade (by the way was done through the upgrade-manager) was finished I installed wine. I worked through the walk-through at WineHQ (link to site: http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb ).
    There after I used the the WoW thread to install the game and any tweaks needed. Sure enough the game was working just fine. I just want to thank every one that put their time and effort into helping me fix this problem.

Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12