Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 58

Thread: [SOLVED] virtualbox shared folders....?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: [SOLVED] virtualbox shared folders....?

    For me works!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Beans
    171

    Re: [SOLVED] virtualbox shared folders....?

    Quote Originally Posted by StuipedandUgly View Post
    here's a quick guide
    1. start up virtual box then start up xp
    2. go to the top panel click Devices-->Install Guest Editions
    3. Download and install Guest Editions
    4. Set up your shared folders in virtual box. Example share folder home/Crimthinc
    5. start up windows go to Start-->Run enter cmd and press enter
    6. once in the dos console deal type net use t: \\vboxsvr\Crimethinc(only put in the last folders name on the end of the command for example if you selected a folder under home/Crimthinc/music the command would be net use t: \\vboxsvr\music)

    This should work this is exactly what i did to get mine working its surprising how frustrated I got figuring this out
    Hi, should this definetly be a t: drive or could it be another?

    I still keep getting "System error 53. Network path not found."

    I tried:
    Use the "Add Network Place Wizard" in Windows. Follow the wizard and look for you shared folder, add it and you're done.
    but when I view this folder, none of the folders I created to share appear, it's just empty.

    EDIT:
    I found THIS video tutorial on the matter and it works well. But nore that you need to install Guest Additions before following the video tutorial, then I use a folder called vb on the Desktop of Ubuntu, I right clicked on it and then selected... can't quite remember now, but that worked.
    Last edited by Swerve1000; July 3rd, 2009 at 01:41 AM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Beans
    46

    Re: [SOLVED] virtualbox shared folders....?

    Quote Originally Posted by n3had View Post
    thank you brother. It really helped me

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Beans
    14

    Wink Re: [SOLVED] virtualbox shared folders....?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swerve1000 View Post
    Hi, should this definetly be a t: drive or could it be another?

    I still keep getting "System error 53. Network path not found."

    I tried:


    but when I view this folder, none of the folders I created to share appear, it's just empty.

    EDIT:
    I found THIS video tutorial on the matter and it works well. But nore that you need to install Guest Additions before following the video tutorial, then I use a folder called vb on the Desktop of Ubuntu, I right clicked on it and then selected... can't quite remember now, but that worked.
    This is my experience with Ubuntu Hardy and virtualbox-3.0
    1) Install Guest additions
    2) instead of \\vboxsvr\shared, try instead of \\vboxsvr\shared\

    it work for me

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chandigarh, India.
    Beans
    43
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: virtualbox shared folders....?

    Quote Originally Posted by StuipedandUgly View Post
    here's a quick guide
    1. start up virtual box then start up xp
    2. go to the top panel click Devices-->Install Guest Editions
    3. Download and install Guest Editions
    4. Set up your shared folders in virtual box. Example share folder home/Crimthinc
    5. start up windows go to Start-->Run enter cmd and press enter
    6. once in the dos console deal type net use t: \\vboxsvr\Crimethinc(only put in the last folders name on the end of the command for example if you selected a folder under home/Crimthinc/music the command would be net use t: \\vboxsvr\music)

    This should work this is exactly what i did to get mine working its surprising how frustrated I got figuring this out
    Thanks a ton.
    Blog: http://terminaltwister.com
    "Windoze is there to keep Idiots away from Linux!" - Anonymous

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Beans
    1

    Thumbs down Re: [SOLVED] virtualbox shared folders....? Guest:XP Host:Ubuntu

    -first Install Guest Additions.It is under the Devices menu on VirtualBox
    -add which folder you want to share from Shared Folders option on Virtualbox
    -open My Network Places on XP click to View workgroup computers
    (it can be different if you changed the default network name)
    -look down to links with the header Other Places
    -you will see Microsoft Windows Network.Click it
    -you will see the Entire Network link and click it
    -look at the page you will see VirtualBox Shared Folder

    it was easy
    Last edited by mad-bee:); August 21st, 2009 at 01:57 AM.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Beans
    64

    Re: [SOLVED] virtualbox shared folders....?

    After installing the additions on the ubuntu guest, start the services. (/etc/init.d/vboxadd start) Then mount with mount -t vboxsf sharename /mountpoint.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Beans
    1

    Re: virtualbox shared folders....?

    Quote Originally Posted by StuipedandUgly View Post
    here's a quick guide
    1. start up virtual box then start up xp
    2. go to the top panel click Devices-->Install Guest Editions
    3. Download and install Guest Editions
    4. Set up your shared folders in virtual box. Example share folder home/Crimthinc
    5. start up windows go to Start-->Run enter cmd and press enter
    6. once in the dos console deal type net use t: \\vboxsvr\Crimethinc(only put in the last folders name on the end of the command for example if you selected a folder under home/Crimthinc/music the command would be net use t: \\vboxsvr\music)

    This should work this is exactly what i did to get mine working its surprising how frustrated I got figuring this out
    Thank you very much, I finally solved my problem.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Beans
    205

    Re: virtualbox shared folders....?

    Quote Originally Posted by StuipedandUgly View Post
    here's a quick guide
    1. start up virtual box then start up xp
    2. go to the top panel click Devices-->Install Guest Editions
    3. Download and install Guest Editions
    4. Set up your shared folders in virtual box. Example share folder home/Crimthinc
    5. start up windows go to Start-->Run enter cmd and press enter
    6. once in the dos console deal type net use t: \\vboxsvr\Crimethinc(only put in the last folders name on the end of the command for example if you selected a folder under home/Crimthinc/music the command would be net use t: \\vboxsvr\music)

    This should work this is exactly what i did to get mine working its surprising how frustrated I got figuring this out
    This only works for me to some extent. OK, I can share files by copy/cut etc between Windows and Ubuntu. But what I can't do is that when I have some .exe file in the folder and try to execute it in Windows and Windows complain that the path doesn't exist. Some other .exe files works this way though. I wonder what is going on?

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Beans
    205

    Re: virtualbox shared folders....?

    Quote Originally Posted by cnbiz850 View Post
    This only works for me to some extent. OK, I can share files by copy/cut etc between Windows and Ubuntu. But what I can't do is that when I have some .exe file in the folder and try to execute it in Windows and Windows complain that the path doesn't exist. Some other .exe files works this way though. I wonder what is going on?
    Sorry, if I access it through //vboxsvr/VM then it is OK. But if I mount it to a network drive like Z: then it is as what I mentioned above.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •