Thread: IRC Anyone?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

IRC Anyone?

Is anybody hanging on the IRC channel? All I see there is the channel op-bot.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: IRC Anyone?

Are you talking about a specific IRC channel for the Arkansas LoCo team? If so, what's the channel? I'll hang out there sometime.

EDIT: Nevermind. Just found it on the wiki.
    Last edited by tonyr1988; May 4th, 2007 at 05:40 AM.
    Laptop ==> Dell Mini 9 :: 2GB RAM :: Ubuntu Netbook Remix Jaunty

Desktop ==> Shuttle SG31G2 V2 :: Primarily Media Center (XBMC)

Beans

Since there's not much traffic on the IRC channel yet, how about scheduled meetings there. Maybe on Tuesday evenings? This way we know there's some one on until we build up a following on the channel.

Beans

I'm starting to hang out there in the evenings. So far no one has stopped by. Feel free to join me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Tuesday? I'll start checking in if anyone is there. That'll give me something to do while I wait to see how MS has broken my Win servers at work...Patch Tuesday. Bleh.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm on the Lousiana LoCo Team, but I'm originally from Arkansas.

You might want to check into renaming your IRC channel. I think the conventions changed since it was setup. For US teams the format is #ubuntu-us-(state abbreviation). Louisana is #ubuntu-us-la and Arkansas would be #ubuntu-us-ar. You can set up a forward from the old channel (#ubuntu-arkansas) to the new one. I wish you luck in getting more activity going in your team!

-r2

Beans

I will try to be in there from time to time. Mostly I will only be available on Wednesdays and Thursdays, but maybe I'll see someone around.
    Thunder Dan

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Is there a Team Contact for the Arkansas LoCo?

I'm online during the day and I'd like to help with the efforts to get the Arkansas LoCo more active.

R2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I just joined up and will be on weekdays while I am at work. I work the help desk at UALR and I use Ubuntu as my main OS. I still have to go out on help tickets, but I will keep the channel open at all times. I can help out by possibly holding events at UALR, such as "Ubuntu Awareness Day" and other things of that nature. I can also keep ShipIt CDs in the student labs if needed.
    - Silverglade00