Thread: New user

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

New user

I have just started using Ubuntu and have been having a lot of trouble getting started. Are there events by the Colorado user groups that help with setup problems? I have been trying to convert to Ubuntu since the release of 7.04 and have not been able to get a wireless connection working even after spending hours each week reading the posts. Ndiswrapper is the most confusing program I have ever used. If there are any help clinics for new users I would like to participate. If this group is for power users only I will try and find some other form of help if this forum is only for the experienced user.

Thank you

Richard

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: New user

Sorry, for not replying sooner, but sadly we don't seem to use this place much anymore.

...as for your question... this is a group for EVERYONE. Newbie, and the experienced "GURU", or whatever it is called.

We try and help everyone with problems, and some will even devote many long hours if needed. I'm not the most experienced user, but I can usually help with basic problems, as I have had my fair share during the last year and a half or so.

To get the most help out of this group I suggest going to the team website, and subscribing to the mailing list.

http://coloco.ubuntu-rocks.org/

-Andrew
    -keen101

Beans

Richard,
    We will often get together about once every month or so in person at a coffee shop around Denver or Northern Colorado... are you close to either of those places?

If so, you should just join the mailing list and keep a look out for when the next get-together is and bring your laptop with you. We should have it working for you in no time at all. : )

Cheers,
    David

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I live in South Boulder. I see you have had open meetings in Boulder and Longmont. I will join the mailing list and look forward to the next one in this area. I was not sure if the team list was the right place to register for newer users.

Thanks for the helpful info

Richard
    Pointswest